Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 12-16-2018, 04:45 AM

Default Gas gas 450 fse no spark 2003

Can anyone help ? My 03 450 has no spark I?ve browsed this forum an checked all the connections etc as people have said on here, I have power to fuel pump can hear the relays clicking when turn on the lights come on when ignition is on an the pump kicks in when engine is rotating an when do the kick method, the relay clicks aswell when press the kill switch ? I?ve got new battery an new ignition coil I?ve tested the stator with multimeter an all seems good, just no spark sometimes get the odd faint spark from coil wire, anyone had this problem before or is there something I?m missing out maybe ? Any info much appreciated. Thanks

Old 12-17-2018, 11:40 PM

I used to work at a dealer on these when they were new. They all usually had the same multitude of problems, slow cranking, hard/impossible to start, kicking back when firing etc. But all of the no spark ones were almost always harness or ecu pin related. Mounting the ecu under the tank is one of the most stupid things Gasgas has ever done. Either the very thin wires get broken or the ecu pins get loose and make a poor connection. It is very tedious and hard to pin down though.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:10 AM

Think I might of sourced what it is, I bought the bike as a none runner I?ve managed to get the pump on etc, just the no spark I bought a ecu from the X9 Piaggio an I believe that will be imobilized ? So I?m going to need the gas gas map putting on to it ? I?ve been over the wiring an connectors on the loom and checked the pin connections on ecu plug all seem fine.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:34 AM

For F.... sakes....you bought different bike make/model ECU and thought it will work just as it is?!?!?!
Old 12-19-2018, 06:22 AM

Lol Never had a gas gas before an when I bought the bike it came with two ECUs which are fried from a Piaggio X9, they do share the same model ecu IAW15P I looked it up on here, I spoke to a gas gas dealer down south an he reckoned it should still work but I believe this other ecu I bought is immobilised, it?s the only ecu I could find finding a gas gas one is very hard lol, an I’ve spoke to place called Carmo Electrics in Netherlands an he’s saying he can reprogram it to a gas gas map an unlock it this seems like my only option not unless one pops up