Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-10-2011, 02:11 AM

How could you get a new linkage if the dealer isn't stocking bikes ???

Sounds like you had a brilliant dealer who would do anything for his customers but wasn't willing to compromise. Reading all this makes them sound like they were the bull in the path and not willing to budge on things because he had ''a(n) agreement in place that had been fine for 13 years''.

Somehow it doesn't sound like the distributor is at fault, because they wouldn't cater especially for one dealer who wanted it a different way.

I'm sorry if that seems incorrect or offensive, but read what has been posted in an impartial way and come to your own decision. I'm from the other side of the planet, don't know how I could be more impartial.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobi View Post
Reading all this makes them sound like they were the bull in the path and not willing to budge on things because he had ''a(n) agreement in place that had been fine for 13 years''.
The agreement was probably fine for the dealers. But at some point, the brand "grows up" and gets treated like any other respected brand. That treatment includes trumpetting the arrival of the exciting new models, and maybe a deal or three on leftovers.

They grow up so fast, don't they?
Old 09-10-2011, 08:56 AM

Dealer cost on three bikes and Clay provided the floor plan with no credit hoops to jump through.... no brainer. If I were in a slightly different place in my life, I'd be signing up! I hope we get a dealer in Central NY.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Banned

I'm sorry you guys in KS feel we have handled this improperly. Before we took this over I spent a lot of time on the phone and internet with customers and dealers. One of the biggest complaints I heard from customers was that dealers were not stocking bikes. The biggest complaint that I got from dealers was that the previous distributor would set up up guys who bought a bike from him as a dealer when the guy didn't even have a retail locatin. If we honored the previous contract we would have allowed these guys to be dealers too. I have no way of knowing, without visiting all 92 dealers the previous importer recognized, who was a legit dealer and who was not. Therefore we had to start over. A new KTM dealer has to order 25+ motorcycles. A new Husaberg dealer has to order 10+ bikes to be a dealer. Three bikes seemed reasonable to me....especially when we floored the bikes and there was NO up front costs to the dealer. Think about what you said..... a dealer had sold 30 bikes in the past but would not order three from us? Doesn't make sense to me. And these guys aren't out now. I would love to have these guys as dealers. All they need to do is contact us, fill out an application and order three bikes. As I said, 65 other dealers have done this already. It would not be fair to those guys if I let other dealers in with no purchases.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:40 PM

Default It was an obligation by GAS GAS that is not being honored

This whole thing is being picked apart on the wrong topics. Our dealer has worked his off to spread the GAS GAS word and put riders on gassers. Made an agreement with a corporation 13 years ago to be non-obligated. Where was Gas Gas in the US 13 years ago?? He took a gamble by dropping two other brands, and this is the way he's being repaid? Why cant this be honored? Why should I trust the GAS GAS name if they aren't honoring their agreement. WHY SHOULD HE COMPROMISE ON AN AGREEMENT

It is 200 miles to my closest dealer without Santa Fe Trail. Now how many KTM dealers would I drive by. This is not taking money from anyone's dealership. If the dealership leaves so will the bikes! WAKE UP!!

Why don't you counter saying if a dealer opens with in a suitable distance you will be forced to stock bikes. Give a solution before you create a problem is all I'm asking.

Internet is not the solution. My dealer tells me, what to or not to do. If I don't understand he shows me. Not only that he has vast knowledge of the GAS GAS brand. As far as the showroom I was trying to say that your not going to have the impulse buys because GAS GAS just isn't that big (hopefully someday). A rider buying a GAS GAS has done the leg work themselves. So why is it an issue to let him order bikes. GAS GAS is the only bike he sells, he's a small dealer, if he buys three bikes and cant sell them he would have to close the doors. He would have every size on the floor if he could.

I will post a new thread I just wanted to answer the previous posts.

Thank You
Brandon Weakley
FMHS A CLASS
Old 09-12-2011, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

I can see what you're saying Brendon, however times they be a changing and you have to move forward with the times or get left behind. This isn't a Gas Gas thing, or even a bike thing.. its life! Really a contract that was drawn up 13 years ago is well over due to be updated. Its not like the distributer is making it hard for dealers to participate. It'll be a real shame if you're dealer can't make it work for him and if you have to look elsewhere for a ride. I mean, if someone wanted to pre order a bike without even seeing one then why would they even need a local dealer. You'd just get it shipped. Same for parts. The whole point of a dealer is to stock bikes, parts, and provide a service.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
I can see what you're saying Brendon, however times they be a changing and you have to move forward with the times or get left behind. This isn't a Gas Gas thing, or even a bike thing.. its life! Really a contract that was drawn up 13 years ago is well over due to be updated. Its not like the distributer is making it hard for dealers to participate. It'll be a real shame if you're dealer can't make it work for him and if you have to look elsewhere for a ride. I mean, if someone wanted to pre order a bike without even seeing one then why would they even need a local dealer. You'd just get it shipped. Same for parts. The whole point of a dealer is to stock bikes, parts, and provide a service.
Exactly.
I think your dealer needs to get over the good old days feeling, and embrace the growth of the brand he helped all these years. He's stuck on the fact that he had a sweet deal for 13 years. But he should recognize that the same sweet deal can't last forever if the brand is to grow here in the US. It was an unhealthy deal elsewhere. And Clay is being good about keeping the playing field level.

If your dealer knows the brand that well, he can sell three bikes. Sounds like one would be already sold. Go over and help him pick the other two. You two will laugh about it in a couple years.

just my $0.02
-dean
knows it's not an easy business being a dealer