Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:26 AM

Default Dealerless In Kansas

As some of you may have found out a longtime Gasgas dealer Sante fe Trail cycle in Carbondale Kansas in no longer a Gasgas dealer. What a shame. I can't blame Paul I'm sure the flooring program expires, and this current economy should teach us that you can't eat a leftover motorcycle.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

Old 09-13-2011, 08:25 AM

I'm suprised you couldn't find three guys to step up and buy the three bikes? Did any of his customers buy a new Gas Gas this year from another dealer?
Old 09-13-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
Now that is funny!
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 09-13-2011, 09:41 PM

If this dealer is as awesome as you and your buddy say, he should have no issues selling 3 bikes in 6 months time before he has to start paying interest on them to GGOR.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:55 AM

The new bikes don't bother me as much as the service and the parts. I would drive 8 hours round trip to buy a bike. I am not going do that very often. I have taken this year off from racing, but I'm buying parts almost every week when I'm chasing points. This shop is located at a track. Many times others and I have went there to ride needing parts. Its nice show up get your parts put them on and ride. For the population of Kansas ,and our state has almost no public land I think he has did pretty well selling a smaller brand. I think passion, pride and trust issues are more so the problem than obligating to 3 bikes. When a I spoke to Paul last he was unaware of any free flooring program.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
When a I spoke to Paul last he was unaware of any free flooring program.
Maybe he should look into it again.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
I think passion, pride and trust issues are more so the problem than obligating to 3 bikes.
Well then, let's get Dr. Phil in here to straighten this out.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:16 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

You know, stuff happens: Times change, places open, places close, places don't carry what you want all the time. If this dealer is like you make him sound, support him any way possible considering these hard times. It's okay if he is or is not a GG dealer. Do what you can to support him. Rally your friends and fellow racers around him to help him through these tough times. I've had the opposite happen: My old dealer years ago got too big to carry the small stuff and help the little guy. It stunk but I moved on because only I can take care of myself...My local GG dealer only was able to re-up this year after I was able to guarantee him a couple of sales. Times are really tough and he could not do it otherwise. He recently got his 300 6-days as his third bike and it needs to sell so he can get ready for 2012. I hope it does so he can get more bikes so I won't be in your position next year. Times are tough so help your local dealer!

Eric
2003 KX/KDX 220 hybrid
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000 Trail Edition
1974-86 Vintage Can Ams, SWMs, Puchs, etc.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:18 AM

It doesn't sound to me like anyone is questioning what a good guy your dealer is but in business it's not unreasonable to ask a retailer to stock the product, after all you can't sell what you don't have. People can be impulsive and you never know when someone is going to get the bug and want to drive off with a new bike in the back of their truck, that day.

On a personal note; I would never go in business with anyone who wasn't willing to share the risks nor would I expect any different if the situation was reversed.