Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
His original agreement could have been honored just like all the previous importers did. That would have been pretty easy. There are no throwing good money after bad posts posts coming from his customers.
There isn't a brand out there that allows a dealer to remain a dealer when he won't stock motorcycles. Special order dealerships don't work. It sends a really bad message to the customer when a Gas Gas dealer won't stock motorcycles but the local KTM dealer does. Sorry if you disagree but 65 dealers have stepped up and ordered and stocked motorcycles. I think this is fair.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
There isn't a brand out there that allows a dealer to remain a dealer when he won't stock motorcycles. Special order dealerships don't work. It sends a really bad message to the customer when a Gas Gas dealer won't stock motorcycles but the local KTM dealer does. Sorry if you disagree but 65 dealers have stepped up and ordered and stocked motorcycles. I think this is fair.
I agree your policy is fair and is already proven to work better than the previous policy. I do have a question - will "non-current" dealers (those no longer on the list) have the same deal with GOFASTERS for parts?
Old 09-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Banned

Gasser,
No they can't. The only dealers who can order parts are the dealers who have ordered motorcycles. Those dealers need the profit from parts too.
Clay
Old 09-09-2011, 08:44 PM

Default Just not that easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by john01 View Post
Sounds simple enough to me; stock what you sell. I for one like the new importer and will continue to support Gas gas and the new and much improved importer. Thanks Clay!
JUST NOT THAT EASY. No Grandfather clause for a reputable dealer in Kansas? This is our only Gas Gas dealer other then internet.

I was just informed that Santa Fe Trail Cycle was no longer a dealer. Needless to say I'm very disappointed with the reasoning behind this. I have been an avid Gas Gas rider for the last 10 years. I've passed the word and have got many friends on gassers. I have also worked for Santa Fe Trail Cycle. I understand your logic about a non-stocking dealer but your missing the principle fact. Paul at Santa Fe Trail has sold 30 (estimated) bikes since he's became a dealer. With little support from Gas Gas advertisements. I would say that he was a MAJOR factor of spreading the Gas Gas name in the Kansas Region. I know of no other dealer that will open after hours to help you get that part for your bike. He does it with a smile on his face and telling you how good GAS GAS's are lol. Just so disappointing a company that wants to compete not compare with KTM. Leaving us Kansas riders no other choice but the major distributors. I know i cant afford the time or money to stock enough parts to keep a race bike race ready via internet.

I think its the ethics about the whole situation. If I order a custom built Shelby i won't expect to walk into a dealer and see it on the floor. Before you can compete you have to have the fire power. Take more interest in local series's. Spread the word so Paul can sell more bikes. Kinda funny he and all other dealers are left stranded with little support from GAS GAS Corp. And now wondering why the dealers aren't selling bikes.

Hope I didn't rant to long but if this deal stays this way I will no longer be on my gasser. Step up to the plate GAS GAS.

Brandon Weakley
FMHS Circuit A Class
Old 09-09-2011, 09:49 PM

I don't understand, so they wanted to get at least three bikes to sell and remain a dealer and weren't allowed to do so? I for one appreciate loyal dealers and riders and hope there is more to the story and they can remain or become a dealer again. Thanks for spreading the GG word and hope you get your dealer back.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:53 PM

This is just what im reading into this situation.
You wouldn't expect a car dealer to not stock any cars? Even Ferrari/Lamborghini/Porsche dealers have to stock the cars to be dealers.
A gasgas is not like a custom shelby, its made on a production line, not to custom order.
From what Clay was saying, dealers didn't even need to pay for the bikes to get them on the floor. There must be something else going on, it doesn't ring true IMO.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:30 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Wow not what I intended

This is not what I intended from this thread...

To the guy in Kansas ... I understand your frustration but you have to look at it from a business point of view. As I understand from what Clay posted, your dealer/friend did not need to be "Grandfathered" in, to remain a dealer. All he had to do was order and receive a 3 bike [min] floor plan including a deferred payment. Now from what you stated about his ability to sell the brand [about 30 bikes], this should have been a no brainer for him. Now look at it with an open mind rather than the rider/racer needs perspective. Obviously there is another piece to the decision making equation to pass on remaining a dealer.

Think about it.

As for getting parts, everything can be procured via the net. It takes a tremendous amount of capital to stock parts, not to mention a crystal ball to figure out which parts to stock and which not to. Someone is always going to be ticked off that the part they want is not stocked.
More often than not, you know after the weekend ride/race what your bike needs. You can go online and buy whatever you need and have it at your door within a day or two if an emergency. Plenty of time to fix her up before the next ride.
right now there are some great deals on the web for parts from former dealers looking to liquidate .. I just bought a clutch kit for my 01 for $160US to my front door.

I really don't see these reasons/issues as viable ones to switch brands if this is the one that you like.
Anyway, that's how I see it.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedthrottle View Post
JUST NOT THAT EASY. No Grandfather clause for a reputable dealer in Kansas? This is our only Gas Gas dealer other then internet.

I was just informed that Santa Fe Trail Cycle was no longer a dealer. Needless to say I'm very disappointed with the reasoning behind this. I have been an avid Gas Gas rider for the last 10 years. I've passed the word and have got many friends on gassers. I have also worked for Santa Fe Trail Cycle. I understand your logic about a non-stocking dealer but your missing the principle fact. Paul at Santa Fe Trail has sold 30 (estimated) bikes since he's became a dealer. With little support from Gas Gas advertisements. I would say that he was a MAJOR factor of spreading the Gas Gas name in the Kansas Region. I know of no other dealer that will open after hours to help you get that part for your bike. He does it with a smile on his face and telling you how good GAS GAS's are lol. Just so disappointing a company that wants to compete not compare with KTM. Leaving us Kansas riders no other choice but the major distributors. I know i cant afford the time or money to stock enough parts to keep a race bike race ready via internet.

I think its the ethics about the whole situation. If I order a custom built Shelby i won't expect to walk into a dealer and see it on the floor. Before you can compete you have to have the fire power. Take more interest in local series's. Spread the word so Paul can sell more bikes. Kinda funny he and all other dealers are left stranded with little support from GAS GAS Corp. And now wondering why the dealers aren't selling bikes.

Hope I didn't rant to long but if this deal stays this way I will no longer be on my gasser. Step up to the plate GAS GAS.

Brandon Weakley
FMHS Circuit A Class
The UPS store is a half block away - tell me what you need and I can get it to you. If I don't have it I can have it drop-shipped to you. This seems to work for guys as far away as Florida and the state of Washington, and it can work for you as well. You could also surmise from my business name that a whole lot of work gets done after the sun goes down. Give me a shout ...
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 09-10-2011, 01:53 AM

I broke a linkage rocker the evening before a race when I was chasing the overall in our series. This dealer let me come and take one off a new bike at midnight on a saturday. The internet is not going to cut it in most of my situations. I think this is something to think about when looking into these bikes. When I bought my first one I had fears of the the same fate happening that happen to him from ATK. He let me know that the gasgas agreement was nonoblagory and would protect him and us "his customers" from the fate of him losing his dealership. I'm a busy person I work on my bike the friday and saturday before a race. This dealer has yet to fail me having something in stock. He would more than likely be fine selling 3 bikes a year, but I also see that there was a agreement in place that had been fine for 13 years. I don't care that the latest model is not on the floor.If I wanted it he would get it. This new situation only helps the importer and bigger dealers. I feel like a Idiot for ever talking my fellow racers into buying these bikes. Again not because the bikes are bad. If you are going to be serious about racing these bikes stuff is going to break and short of having a second bike you are going to miss some races, If you don't have a good dealer close at hand. A good dealer to me has the parts and know how to keep these bike together. I don't care if they sell 0 or 3000 bikes a year. I am the customer and have been loyal until now. I can see that neither party is going to give. The bikes are scrap to me without the parts to keep them running. Sorry for the thread hijack. It just happen to come at a time that I went in to buy a new bike and then you mention the greatness of the new importer. I will more than likely get flamed for my out cries, but you could be in my position next. The bikes are good and work well.The importer?
Old 09-10-2011, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
I broke a linkage rocker the evening before a race when I was chasing the overall in our series. This dealer let me come and take one off a new bike at midnight on a saturday. <snip>
The reason your dealer was able to help you was that he had a bike on the floor. It sounds like the dealer is a serious businessman with great service. Why he doesn't want to step up for three bikes is the only mystery. <edit> OK, hold on, three bikes was the old deal. Why he doesn't want to stock bikes is the mystery. It's hard to be a motorcycle dealer without motorcycles.
What are we missing here?

Adrian's dealer aside, raising the bar on the hobbyist dealers is a good and necessary move, IMHO.