Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:19 AM

Default Dep or gnarly

Ok guys heres the dilema im getting a bonus this month and after deciding it is guna go on a shiny new exhaust for my 2000 250 ec I can't seem to decide between a gnarly system or dep.. is there any major differences between the two? Also what would you choose and why?
Cheers
Luke

Old 09-08-2011, 03:35 PM

sorry guys should have put this a bit clearer im after a good all rounder exhaust on her id like a little more pulling power down low/mid but not sacrifice the top.. any suggestions?
Old 09-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Stock GG pipe

All reports are that the Gnarly will sign off early. No idea about the dep.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Stock GG pipe

All reports are that the Gnarly will sign off early. No idea about the dep.
I have an FMF Gnarly pipe on my 11 xc250 and it suprised me how far it goes out. It gives a nice small boost off the bottom, about the same mid range, and goes out a little further in comparison to the stock stainless steel pipe. It seems to have given an overall boost in torque, as the bike seems to respond to the clutch better before falling off. I like this pipe on the GasGas. Where as I didn't like it on my YZ 250. It made the power band on that bike too short,and with no over rev.

I have no experience with the DEP pipe on a GasGas, but I wouldn't be afraid to try it.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:12 PM

They changed the design of the Gnarly's for the newer models. Where can you get a Dep for the older model? I would be interested in one.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:26 PM

I have ran both the factory and the FMF pipe. Aside from the FMF costing less, it also seems to have a little more bottom, with a N3CH needle jetted for your area, no sign off whatsoever (no more or less than the factory pipe).
Old 09-09-2011, 02:35 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I have a Dep on my 02, good pipe, better when compared to stock good torque and dosent sign off too early. But the best pipe I had was the messico, and I flattened that but I'm having it completely rebuilt, brilliant pipe!

For those wanting a Dep system gasgasuk/trailandendurodirect stock them.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:47 AM

The Gnarly is sticking out alot more than the stock pipe, but gives a good solid bottom especially when combined with a power valve cover. FMF are saying that the Gnarly is very tough and strong, but its not!!
It's lighter and way thinner than the GG stock and get dented very easy,
(It also makes it more easy to bump back out again)
I have the Messico on the MC250 And since The MC have no bottom compared to the EC I can't really say how it will effect the bottom, but it gives alot more on the mid/top, A Very good pipe that i would recomment any day..

Faster, Faster!!
Until the Thrill of Speed, Overcomes the Fear of Death..
Team YamaGas Racing.
http://bricksite.com/teamyamagasracing
Old 09-09-2011, 06:50 PM

Default fmf

I was absolutely blown away when I replaced my stock pipe with the Gnarly. I would never have dreamed a change of pipe could make so much difference. I have no experience of DEP but for my money I wouldn't look any further than the FMF. (2003 ec250)
Old 09-10-2011, 08:48 AM

Thanks very much guys I currently have the messico front pipe on at the min..its what came with the bike however its the standard gas gas silencer. I am now just condidering keeping the messico on the front and sticking a rear pipe on.. Any thoughts? Do messico do rear pipes on there own? Also my reason for this is that a few friends now have bikes and were thinking of doing a bit of green laning and commuting over the winter months as well as racing so it may be time to look for a thumer after this season ends.. Havn't fully decided yet but the ec 250 was my first ever gasser and I would like to know what 4 stroke enduros gas gas do that would do the lot? Also havnt decided weather or not.to keep the stroker as a race bike..
Thanks again guys very helpful
Cheers luke