Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:58 PM

Default selling up

well guys and girls the time is nearing where the wife and myself say good by to the very southern part of the south island and tread north looking for new opportunities in other words time to ditch the dead end job so we going to travel with 25+ foot caravan till we find the opportunity we are looking for (we want our own business) so saddly go the house the boat and last but not least the bike (i am allowed a new one when we get established) so i will keep looking at all ur posts and contrubiting where i can will miss being able to go riding when i want but need to put future and family first so when ur out there roost a little dirt for please chaio for now

Old 11-15-2011, 03:12 PM

Good luck Chris, you may find we're not so bad up north.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:40 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Good one Chris.Imo don't sell the bike.It's easy to take with you or leave it with someone and retrieve it later.Were ever you end up there will be fresh trails to explore.
You may end up in the west island therefor selling would be best.
Cheers
Gm
Old 11-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

A friend of mine had the same thought. After 10 years or so travelling around in his bus he finally decided to settle in one place and retire. He was a builder of sorts, and reckoned he was never short of work, where ever he went. He came to the conclusion that in fact he/they needed very little money or posessions to live happily. I'm not sure that he ever found what he was looking for when he started out, but seems pretty comfortable now - goes on lots of long rides on his Triumph...
I guess your idea makes alot of us think about why we don't "ditch that dead end job". I spend more than an hour each morning and each night in the car just getting to my "dead end job"....why... I dunno.... I guess maybe I realise it has provided me with my house, car, boat etc..as has yours. I lack the courage to break free, so good on you, I admire what you are doing and wish you luck.
(now back to work for me... what was I doing..Oh yeh... job costing spreadsheets...yawn..)
Old 11-15-2011, 09:07 PM

Good luck to you and your family Chris. My next ride out I'll spray some roost for ya bro!
Old 11-16-2011, 12:34 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchatt View Post
A friend of mine had the same thought. After 10 years or so travelling around in his bus he finally decided to settle in one place and retire. He was a builder of sorts, and reckoned he was never short of work, where ever he went. He came to the conclusion that in fact he/they needed very little money or posessions to live happily. I'm not sure that he ever found what he was looking for when he started out, but seems pretty comfortable now - goes on lots of long rides on his Triumph...
I guess your idea makes alot of us think about why we don't "ditch that dead end job". I spend more than an hour each morning and each night in the car just getting to my "dead end job"....why... I dunno.... I guess maybe I realise it has provided me with my house, car, boat etc..as has yours. I lack the courage to break free, so good on you, I admire what you are doing and wish you luck.
(now back to work for me... what was I doing..Oh yeh... job costing spreadsheets...yawn..)
Neither did Bono, but then what do you expect if you walk around in dark glasses all the time!!
Old 11-17-2011, 12:51 AM

Talking

Good luck, a change can always be good and theres a lot 2 see all round nz but every were u go you going 2 be lookn at all that riding u are missing out on! Think ya need to strap that gasgas to the back of that caravan
Old 11-18-2011, 12:25 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Full respect for making the move,it's a hard decision to uproot your family & often it looks easier to just plod on.If you go down the path of your own business ,a new bike on the horizon is a great motivator.Good luck.