Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > GasGas Member Polls

GasGas Member Polls Find out what everyone thinks about it!

Old 12-27-2014, 11:30 PM

Default Tts

Castrol TTS
I've always run this stuff in my 2 strokes
Never oil up plugs
Old 12-28-2014, 03:07 AM

Putoline mx5

I've always used mx5 on every 2 stroke I've owned, doesn't look to be very common on here
Old 10-14-2018, 08:00 PM

Ammsoil Dominator or Interceptor with race fuel. The fuel is just as important as the oil for engine longevity and clean power valves.
Old 11-03-2018, 04:22 AM

For riders in the UK, Exol Optima Racing 2 Stroke oil.

http://www.exol-lubricants.com/autom...etails/?PID=62

This all looks too good to be true - a high spec racing oil for around ?5 per litre! If you buy bulk containers of 20 or 25 litres it works out as cheap as ?3.50. Check out eBay listings or Lubetech in Leicester. It is a red oil with a low flashpoint, very similar to Castrol TTS.

Don't be concerned by this, it's an incredible oil that performs at least as well as the brand leaders costing 2-3 times more. Very clean burning, minimal smoke and spooge and the engine is always very clean inside. Any carbon deposits are easily wiped off.

Very well known inside the UK KTM riders forum and used by most riders on there. I have been using it for several years and wouldn't buy anything else. Runs fine at 50:1. UK made too.

Probably just proves that the main brands are a ripoff.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudolfHucker View Post
At the moment I'm using Ipone Samourai Fully Synthetic, it's a French brand and very popular in France.

https://www.ipone.fr/en/product/samourai-racing/

I've had no problems with it and it's a reasonable price, but I'm always willing to try something else, I might give the Exol Optima a try.

I see the Exol oil meets the JASO FD specification, the same as other top quality 2 stroke oils.

I've not heard of Exol before but I guess that's because they don't spend loads of money on sponsorship and advertising, hence the cheaper price. I'm a great believer that just because something is expensive doesn't mean that it's the best quality.

Last edited by Davehuge; 11-05-2018 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:21 AM

I agree entirely. I believe that the world has lost the link between cost and value. I present most things made in China as evidence.

Exol oil is very similar to Castrol TTS/ Power 1 so it may be that Exol are the OEM and the product goes into whichever bottle the wholesale customer has handy. Then a massive markup gets added.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudolfHucker View Post

http://www.exol-lubricants.com/autom...etails/?PID=62

This all looks too good to be true - a high spec racing oil for around ?5 per litre! If you buy bulk containers of 20 or 25 litres it works out as cheap as ?3.50. Check out eBay listings or Lubetech in Leicester. It is a red oil with a low flashpoint, very similar to Castrol TTS.

Don't be concerned by this, it's an incredible oil that performs at least as well as the brand leaders costing 2-3 times more. Very clean burning, minimal smoke and spooge and the engine is always very clean inside. Any carbon deposits are easily wiped off.

Very well known inside the UK KTM riders forum and used by most riders on there. I have been using it for several years and wouldn't buy anything else. Runs fine at 50:1. UK made too.

Probably just proves that the main brands are a ripoff.
Just ordered 5 litres of Exol Optima Fully Synthetic M124, only 23.99 GBP for 5 litres on eBay with free postage.

I've read many reviews on different 2 stroke forums, posted by people who've been using it for years in road and competition engines. I can't find any negative comments only positive.

Exol Optima.jpg
Old 06-14-2019, 03:52 PM

Hi Dave, how have you been getting on with the Exol oil?
Old 03-01-2013, 06:31 PM

Back when I was a kid riding a Bultaco Pursang, I ran the Klotz Techniplate in the metal quart can, at 16:1. I think it was one of the first true synthetics, burned very clean even at that ratio with a sloppy Bing carb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 03-01-2013, 06:39 PM

Not sure if there really is a bad oil anymore. I have been running Golden Spectro for years and years. And when they came out with the SX line switched to that. Has worked great for me!!!! Was told by and important guy years ago that he woundn't put Belray MCI on his chain! A lot of guys where I live like Amsoil in their bikes and snowmobiles...