Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default A couple of things I noticed riding my 2011 EC300

The e-starter sometimes squeals like a stuck pig, but that seems to go along with the squealing clutch. Not sure if either or both of these are normal. I have a Rekluse Core EXP which is funny, they said that some people try using the Rekluse to quite the stock clutch. Not sure what to do about the e-starter, may take it apart and make sure that it is lubed correctly and not in a bind - seems to have started squealing after getting hot. I need to let my dealer know not to over tighten the side case, it was so snug that I couldn't work the kick-starter. loosened them up 1/4 turn and that seems to have fixed that.

Any thoughts on the squealing bits would be appreciated.

On the upside, I don't think that I have EVER been though sand whoops quite so fast

Rob in Katy

Tags
2011, clutch, e-starter, ec300, kick starter