Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:09 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

You need to remember there are two sides to ever story. I was surprised by that story you mentioned so I did some additional searching and I actually found a response from Eric on another site and it painted a very different picture of the situation.

I have been sending work to Eric Gorr for the last 10 years he has always been professional, knowledgeable, and I have found his work to be very high quality.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:17 PM

Regarding my the piston life in the 327. I am about 3 years (`45hrs) into my second piston. I believe I had about 80 to 100 hrs on my first one. It started to get a little louder so I replaced it. I have been running Klotz R50 oil.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:41 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGRider01 View Post
Just wanted to say that's a sharp looking bike. Did you just spoke different rims to the stock hubs?
This is how the bike came out of the factory,

Thanks for the replys I will look into this,how much are the Pistons as I guess they are custom made ?
Old 11-05-2015, 05:12 PM

The 76mm piston is a Wiseco and I believe it is big bore piston for an Honda ATC250. As I recall it was <$200.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman View Post
You need to remember there are two sides to ever story. I was surprised by that story you mentioned so I did some additional searching and I actually found a response from Eric on another site and it painted a very different picture of the situation.

I have been sending work to Eric Gorr for the last 10 years he has always been professional, knowledgeable, and I have found his work to be very high quality.
z-man, I am glad things went well for you. But given what I have seen - I feel a responsibility to warn people. If you look around the web - you will find quite a few stories - too many to write off as "the customer's fault..."

It is not an isolated incident.

Before the GG riders club member had trouble and reported it here - I had personal knowledge of a cylinder that came back "destroyed" by Eric Gorr. Gouges in the cylinder walls (got wild with the die grinder/porting tool) , the power valves "had the shit ground out of them" and required replacement. Gorr eventually did supply a used replacement cylinder and power valves - but it took a bit for him to answer phone calls. Only after I told my friend how to block caller ID did he start to pick up the phone. (He wouldn't pick up the phone if he saw it was my friend calling about the damage he had done...)

jeff
Old 11-06-2015, 11:20 PM

I am sorry to hear your friend had a bad experience. The work Eric has done for me over the last 10 years has been great and I will continue to use and recommend his work.