Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

Default Seat mount 2007 - 2011

My turn for a silly question again. I'm in the process of changing the seat cover and have hit a wall. The seat mount! I have the plastic washer off the back side, and the bolt out but the alloy spacer won't come free from the seat itself. Whats the go with this part? I assume its 2 pieces by looking at the exploded view but mine are a bit rusty and stuck together. Not enough room to see if its threaded or just a press fit. Any ideas on how to separate them?

Old 01-31-2013, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
My turn for a silly question again. I'm in the process of changing the seat cover and have hit a wall. The seat mount! I have the plastic washer off the back side, and the bolt out but the alloy spacer won't come free from the seat itself. Whats the go with this part? I assume its 2 pieces by looking at the exploded view but mine are a bit rusty and stuck together. Not enough room to see if its threaded or just a press fit. Any ideas on how to separate them?
It's just a fancy anodized washer that's become one with the seat cover. Try to get a pick in through the ID and lift it off.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 02-01-2013, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator

It was one piece Steve that I had to push through the hole in the seat on an angle and then slide into its groove. No pulling it apart. Hmm. Anyway, I got the little bugger out, got the seat cover pulled over the front of the seat, installed the bolt retainer etc back through the new steat cover. It was hard to get back through the plastic with foam between it but I managed. Then I went to pull the sides of the cover over the seat for a quick squiz and heard a god awful tearing sound.

Brand new gutz seat cover tore along the seam from the gripper to the leather/vinle. Thats put that on hold. Not impressed much. I have a spare Gas Gas cover here which I may put on. Here we go struggling with that farking retainer thing again.

One of those days...
Old 02-01-2013, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
It was one piece Steve that I had to push through the hole in the seat on an angle and then slide into its groove. No pulling it apart. Hmm. Anyway, I got the little bugger out, got the seat cover pulled over the front of the seat, installed the bolt retainer etc back through the new steat cover. It was hard to get back through the plastic with foam between it but I managed. Then I went to pull the sides of the cover over the seat for a quick squiz and heard a god awful tearing sound.

Brand new gutz seat cover tore along the seam from the gripper to the leather/vinle. Thats put that on hold. Not impressed much. I have a spare Gas Gas cover here which I may put on. Here we go struggling with that farking retainer thing again.

One of those days...
I have one of those red anodized washers ... I wonder if there was a running change.

We should have MotoSeat covers for the 2007-2011 bikes in a couple weeks' time. No consolation now, but something to keep in mind.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 02-01-2013, 04:30 AM
Super Moderator

Hmm.. Mine has a gold one No idea how it compares to previous or later models or what it was meant to look like originally.

We'll see how the seat cover scenario pans out. It may be salvagable with some girl guide needle and thread skills. Just a bit frustrating to deal with. Good to know about the other brand too Steve. I'm not real keen on using the genuine gasser one after seeing how it held up originally.

In other news the Guts medium standard foam seems to feel softer than the stock as well.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

Positive outcome and +1 for Guts customer service. They are sending out a replacement cover at no extra charge.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:32 AM

Thats why I prefer one piece covers, no stitches to tear and/or contribute to monkey butt. Simple is best.