Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > GasGas Member Polls

GasGas Member Polls Find out what everyone thinks about it!

View Poll Results: Would you buy a new bike direct from the manufacturer?
Yes 23 67.65%
No 11 32.35%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimpy525 View Post
Would have to say buy from the dealer. I buy everything I can from my local dealer Matto Cycle. When I had problems I went to Bud he handled it. Although Clay is a stand up guy and will deal with you direct, not all importers will make themselves as availible to help you out. I have broken a lot of stuff this year back to back races and Matto's allways had what I needed or was able to get it in time for the next race. If you develope a relationship with the shop they will take care of you.
+1 on what Wimpy said.
I have Matto to the east and Smiths to the west, never an issue with obtaining parts and most important "advise".
For me, Matto is closer but I had been working with Smiths before Matto became a Gas Gas dealer so I built a relationship with Smiths and continue to buy from them just for that reason.
Send and email and parts show up at my door a couple days later, just could not be easier and if I have an issue, a simple phone call always gets me straighten out.
Clay, I could see a benefit in shipping bikes direct as long as the local or chosen dealer gets a cut in the action.
Same with parts...

Old 08-27-2013, 08:39 AM
Banned

Red face

I get what you guys are saying on Matto and Smiths with GG but what about with Sherco? Honestly I am having a hard time getting dealers to order and stock Shercos. Both of these dealers have bought 2013 Sherco but have not ordered 2014 Sherco so, if you owned a Sherco, you could not count on this support from them on the blue bike. I feel like there is a lot of interest from customers for the new brand but dealers are hesitant to order. There are a lot of uncertainties out there in the dealer world due to high orange bike inventory, the push from KTM to order more orange bikes and the KTM/Husky thing. I picked a difficult time to try to bring in a new brand.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:41 AM

When I get ready to replace the GasGas at the end of 2014 I will be buying what Bud has on the floor weather it be GasGas, Sherco or Honda. Like what I am hearing about the Sherco and I know Bud will stand behind what he sells. Would not purchase without a local guy that has some skin in the game(looking to sell me my next bike). I know you would stand behind the Sherco but still want to buy from the guy I see at the local races.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
When I get ready to replace the GasGas at the end of 2014 I will be buying what Bud has on the floor weather it be GasGas, Sherco or Honda. Like what I am hearing about the Sherco and I know Bud will stand behind what he sells. Would not purchase without a local guy that has some skin in the game(looking to sell me my next bike). I know you would stand behind the Sherco but still want to buy from the guy I see at the local races.
What if I had a program like my parts program where you could buy the bike from me but the dealer still got a commission?
Old 08-27-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
What if I had a program like my parts program where you could buy the bike from me but the dealer still got a commission?
Would have to think about this. Right now Budd has a decent selection of parts for the Gasser. I give the bike a quick look over after the race shoot out an email Budd orders the parts.I travel all week with work, get home Thursday. On a few occasions prepping the bike on Thursday I have found something else wrong and Budd somehow came up with the parts for Friday morning.
Suppose I am spoiled with haveing such an awesome dealer.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Would have to think about this. Right now Budd has a decent selection of parts for the Gasser. I give the bike a quick look over after the race shoot out an email Budd orders the parts.I travel all week with work, get home Thursday. On a few occasions prepping the bike on Thursday I have found something else wrong and Budd somehow came up with the parts for Friday morning.
Suppose I am spoiled with haveing such an awesome dealer.
Nothing wrong with being spoiled....
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 08-27-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
I see this as a win for the dealers in that they don't have to stock so much in parts that they might not even sell.
For me, all my parts come via mail, just don't have time to drive to a dealer for parts even if they have what I need. Doesn't matter to me where my parts come from, just so I get them prompt.
Clay for Sherco you have the parts and bikes under your control, I could see this being an option you need to run past your existing dealers.
Gas Gas is a different story, bikes and parts coming from two different locations. That is working fine, sure would not mess with that.
I would hope the dealers would keep common wear items on hand.
If I call Rich or Budd with a parts order I could care less that some parts come from what they have available and remainder came from direct from you.
What I don't think you want is everyone calling you for parts.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:05 PM
Banned

I made a tough decision on selling Sherco directly to customers and to dealers. I just posted the proram on the Sherco forum so, if you want to know what it is, please go there. Please email me what you think rather than a public post. Thx! I really appreciate all of the input you all have given me for the last three years.
Clay
clay@ggor.us
Old 08-27-2013, 03:41 PM

Bold move....off to the Sherco forum I go
Old 08-27-2013, 04:01 PM

Ive never bought a bike from a dealer, so buying direct would be fine with me regardless of brand, etc. honestly though i cant bring myself to spend 9k on a new bike just to take it out and destroy it. Im 29 so in my time ive bought all my bikes but two off the internet, ebay, craigslist, here, thumpertalk etc etc. i think im a very large group that do this but i always see and ride the bikes before i let the cash go. I drove 8 hrs to buy my gasgas. My local dealers can supply me with bike parts unless i ride a yamaha or ktm. The local ktm dealer is huge now but a crook and ive done the yz thing. I like my euro bikes much better