Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:39 PM

Exclamation ATTN: GasGasRider.org ride in British Columbia

I figured I'd add a post here since not everyone looks through the location forums.

Right now a bunch of us are planning a ride in the Okanagan area of BC (Summerland/Kelowna) for possibly the fall of 2008 (September 26-28 is the tentative date). There are a ton of great riding areas to choose from. D2w has trails running right from his place, plus there's Naramata (near Penticton), Peachland, Vernon and of course, Bear Creek in Kelowna. We have some epic singletrack up here that is prime GasGas territory.

This would probably be a weekend ride, but if people are interested in coming for longer there's definitely lots of riding to do. Hell, if anyone wants to make an extended trip and do some riding in the Kootenays as well I'd gladly play tour guide.

So, who's interested? If we have the interest, I'll also talk to GasGas Pacific and Okanagan Motorsports to see if we can get a demo ride or some dealer presence there. Any other GG dealers are more than welcome too!

Right now me, d2w, 2strokes4life, Nick, jostby, cladoo and REVERUP have all shown interest.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:49 PM

Count me in as long as I can bring some of my off color(orange) riding buddies along. I love BC!

Paul B
Old 04-18-2008, 02:02 PM

Orange guys are allowed, but they will be the butt of many jokes! Who knows, maybe we'll convince a few to switch to the light side.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:44 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I just looked on mapquest and its 930 miles. Easy day drive.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:09 PM

Nick, I have been to Bear Creek in Kelowna and as far as I am concerned it is HEAVEN! If the other areas are in the same league it would be worth the drive, of course I can say that as I wouldn't have to actually drive it.

Paul
Old 04-18-2008, 08:49 PM

Peachland is better than Bear Creek IMHO. That's solely based on racing though. The Kokanee trails at Bear Creek are some of the most epic riding you can ever do.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:57 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

How long do i need to stay ? I already put it on the calendar, i have to be in Vegas until wed of that week so i just wont go back to work that week. Already told my wife i was goin too. How about a list of hotels ?
Old 04-18-2008, 10:25 PM

It's up to you on the length of stay. I'll come over thursday or friday and stay until Sunday afternoon (it's about 4 hours to Kelowna from my place). For hotels I'd look for something in Westbank in Kelowna (it's close to Bear Creek, not too far down to Summerland). There's a Comfort Inn there for sure, not sure what else. d2w?
Old 04-18-2008, 11:41 PM

I live in Kelowna, and will definitely be attending some kind of okanagan ride! Didn't know there were enough riders in the okanagan area on this site for that sort of thing!

Sounds like a blast. I have a place here with a spare room if anyone really needs a place to stay. Could even fit a couple tents in the yard if need be. I live about a 15min drive from bear creek riding area.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:58 PM

If I show up I'll bring a tent and a big cooler of beer. Last year we camped at the upper pits in the end of September and it was a beutiful weekend. A little rain a couple times, perfect dirt, epic trails, and friendly Canadians to party with; an excellent weekend for sure.

Paul B