Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 06-16-2014, 02:30 PM

respect to doug from te, this are clear words and a clear statement.
i also can just hardly imagine that this bar can snap clearly in two parts, look at the material wich is underneath the outer lining, its kind a fiber-structure to see wich is nearly impossible to crack off. this is something different what youre used to carbon fiber. on this planet anything can be destroyed, somehow.
im still very positive, even when i read this storys from them damaged bars, and look forward to have this bar soon on my bike and see if it confirms the promises.

Old 06-16-2014, 02:47 PM

I forgot to attach the photo that was sent from the TE CEO...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (151.2 KB, 69 views)
Old 06-16-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobi View Post
So you flipped the bike, which in your own words is "very rare", and you expect another pair at a heavily discounted price?
Expectations are a very personal thing and vary from person to person and in my case are based on how I treat my customers. I sell cabinets which have (by law) a one year warranty. I make no additional warranty but will replace any defective part or make any needed adjustment for free for the rest of my working life.
As for the rest of NOOBI'S comments they make no common sense so no reason to respond but I will answer his one question -
[/QUOTE] Were the bars newer than 6 months? [/QUOTE]
No the bars were about 9 months old when broken and I knew they were no longer under warranty.
Please reread my comments they were not derogatory of the T.E. bars, the T.E. company, or their warranty. I just stated facts. I did snap my bars completely into 2 pieces. They appear to be version two because they are completely mat black (no carbon fiber mat visible) and I was told that the original version has that carbon fiber look. I did call T.E. about returning the broken bar for inspection. I did not demand free or highly discounted replacement, I didn't demand anything, I was very polite and friendly. They did offer a small discount on replacement. They were not interested in getting the broken bars back for inspection until I came on this forum months later and told you folks about the break. Finally with the T.E. hand guards on my factory alum. bars I get almost enough flex to make me happy. I do believe that I can come up with a "softer" way to mount the alum. bars that will make me even happier and not have to spend another $230 on handle bars.

[/QUOTE]
Old 06-16-2014, 04:37 PM

More comentary:

Quote:
I just read some of the follow up comments. I would like to clarify that solid black doesn?t mean Composi-flex II. Although that seems to be a common misconception. Painting the bars was something we started doing long before the Composi II was released and was the result of some material changes to make the bars tougher. These new materials didn?t lend themselves to a cosmetic appearance. We actually stopped selling the original and introduced the new version with the twisted core in July of 2013 but the appearance of the bar did not change. However the center aluminum was changed to read ?Composi-flex II?.

Just a little info for future reference.

Doug Cain
Vice President
Twisted Engineering
(P) 888-947-8331
Old 06-16-2014, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasser View Post
Expectations are a very personal thing and vary from person to person and in my case are based on how I treat my customers. I sell cabinets which have (by law) a one year warranty. I make no additional warranty but will replace any defective part or make any needed adjustment for free for the rest of my working life.
Lets not get carried away here.
Its just that your original comment was that you had broken something in a very uncommon crash, TE they weren't giving a pair at a heavy discount, and then you said they weren't getting anymore of your business.

Sort of sounds to me like bad mouthing to me. It was not likely your intent, but that's how it comes across.

Although, it looks like Doug from TE has sorted it out, if you really did snap a 2nd gen pair, then you will get a new set.
Unfortunate that you didn't get to speak with him in the initial contact, but it is what it is.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRickD View Post
More comentary:
If you carefully read Doug Cain's comments he states that the bars were painted black after a materials change to make them stronger. Mine are painted black. They also have the twisted core that he mentions the version"2" bars have. My bars are not marked Version "2". If Mr. Cain wants to call me my number is 931-854-8037. My statements are just statements of fact and should not be taken as sour grapes. I have no bad feelings toward T.E. or Mr. Cain and none toward any of the products they make.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:16 AM

@gasser

i dont awant to interfere me too much in that subject with your broken bar, but what i understood from dougs comment, he gives you a new bar for free if you send him a bar clearly snapped in two pieces. so please post a picture of the bar please, we all wanna see that i guess, and send the bar back to te.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:53 AM

I love my TE bars. I recommend them to anyone who asks about them. But, If mine failed I would have to think long and hard before I spent that amount of cash for a second set, even if slightly discounted
Old 06-19-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
I love my TE bars. I recommend them to anyone who asks about them. But, If mine failed I would have to think long and hard before I spent that amount of cash for a second set, even if slightly discounted
That's exactly how I felt. My empty wallet made the final decision for me - no more $250 handlebars for me.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:24 PM

Did you get things sorted out with Doug at TE yet ?