Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:22 PM

Default Need 02 250 XC rebuilt.

It locked up Sat. Right before it broke it started running erratically and dying, but would restart. I rode it about 2 miles back to the truck and started looking for a cause. Found a split in the carb to motor intake boot. I fixed tihe leak, restarted the bike and it broke something and locked up immediately.

I suspect a broken ring or piston skirt, probably from sucking cold air into the motor, causing a lean condition. But I'm not an expert, so I want to take it to a reputable person or shop to tear it down and inspect it and to rebuild it. For what its worth, the top end had been replaced about a year ago and didn't have alot of hours on it, so it should'nt have been worn out from hours.

My question is who is recommended in my area? I live in central Arkansas. I prefer to take the whole bike and drop it off and let them do the whole job because I want them to properly jet it and tune it. I may also have the "head mod" that is talked about so much.

Can someone explain exactly what the "head mod" is, and what it changes about the power delivery? The only factor I really need regarding power delivery is a bit more low end snap. Top end power is fine for me. I have ridden the 300s and find them to be a bit too much. Fun, but they wear me out and I make more mistakes. I ride in 80% singletrack and technical terrain with alot of rocks.

Would the larger PV cover be all I need to get a bit more torque feel, and how would the PV cover work with the head mod? What about raising the compression for more torque feel?

Old 09-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Jim Cook in Smackover AR is the person to see. I'm sure he'll respond here soon.