Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:30 PM

Default New GasGas enthusiast

Hi All-
I'm a new Gas Gas enthusiast. I picked up a nice 1999 ec200 a short while ago for something different (I'm a Maico guy!). I wanted something newer, lighter, and quality and found out GG bikes are all that and more! I am very surprised at the performance of the 200 along with the suspension package. The controls are like butta. With the year that I have, finding parts is a bit of a challenge, but mostly possible. This enthusiast site is great and very helpful. I hope to upgrade one of these days as the new GGs look and sound awesome!
Thanks, Gary

Old 12-14-2010, 03:10 PM

G'day all, just registered on this site after purchasing a 2010 EC300 Euro (oz version) - I am in Australia.

Anyway, I am coming off an 09 WR250f and must say the GG is like night and day compared to the Yammy. The Gasser is a point and shoot bike - handles like a dream and has enough power to get you out of trouble and in to trouble?!?!?!?!?

I was immediately comfortable with the ergos of this bike and feel like I have been riding it for 12mths (only 1 ride old!!!). Suspension set up out of the box is awesome!!

Great site with great information that will help me now that I have joined the Gasser family!!
Old 02-08-2011, 11:18 AM

I am new to G.G. and am glad to have found this site. I picked up a 2003 EC300-DE cheap. And it was a basket case. I don't think I would of even known were to start if it wasn't for the tech on here.So thanks from Tieton Wa. for such a great site!
Wade
Old 01-22-2012, 03:31 AM

Hi All,

Recently bought an 07 EC300 and have found this site invaluable for the little bits that needing looking at on the bike, really useful!

So thanks to the mods and everyone posting, keep up the good work

Adrian
Old 04-13-2012, 02:42 AM

Default Gas Gas Pampera 400

Hello all, just purchased a new to me, 2006 Pampera 400. Basically purchased as a project and return to my dirt bike origins.
I have not ridden a trail bike, off road in a very long time, so this little beast is my step back into that type of riding.
The bike is in very good condition, but has had only 1800kms of use over the years so the first thing I will be doing is dropping all the oil, coolant, brake and clutch fluid, cleaning the air filter and going over everything to make sure it is tight, lubricated and working right. Looking forward to learning heaps from the forum.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum telman!
Old 04-13-2012, 10:37 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telman View Post
Hello all, just purchased a new to me, 2006 Pampera 400. Basically purchased as a project and return to my dirt bike origins.
I have not ridden a trail bike, off road in a very long time, so this little beast is my step back into that type of riding.
The bike is in very good condition, but has had only 1800kms of use over the years so the first thing I will be doing is dropping all the oil, coolant, brake and clutch fluid, cleaning the air filter and going over everything to make sure it is tight, lubricated and working right. Looking forward to learning heaps from the forum.
The early (2003) factory supplied 4-stroke workshop manual was written for the engine that was installed in your bike. It should be available online from the www.gasgasmotos.es web site; if not in English, then maybe in the Spanish version. If you can't get one, let me know, and I should be able to help you acquire a copy. I found it particularly helpful when adjusting the valves, as well as many other aspects of working with the engine..

Good Riding and Welcome to the Club!
Jim

'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/
Old 04-15-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cook View Post
The early (2003) factory supplied 4-stroke workshop manual was written for the engine that was installed in your bike. It should be available online from the www.gasgasmotos.es web site; if not in English, then maybe in the Spanish version. If you can't get one, let me know, and I should be able to help you acquire a copy. I found it particularly helpful when adjusting the valves, as well as many other aspects of working with the engine..

Good Riding and Welcome to the Club!
Jim

Thanks Jim, no sign of the workshop manual on that site, so any help you can give in tracking one down would be appreciated.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator

http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/manuals...al_en.pdf.html

From that site
Old 04-16-2012, 12:42 AM

Thanks Jakobi, I got the User Manual but I was hoping to find a Service Manual with detail on valve clearance procedures etc. The 2003 FSE 400 manual is titled Service Manual but is only a User Manual.