Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 03-24-2014, 06:12 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Talking Noleen and GasGas first in Arkansas!

A great showing at the Cedar Creek round of the AHSCS yesterday, with GasGas riders Parker Noleen taking 1st OA and Trent Keen in 5th AA.

Nathan Young finished with a 2nd place in Open C, and Fred Overstreet with a 3rd in 50+C.

Good job team and thank you for riding a GasGas!

http://www.moto-tally.com/ahscs/mc/Results.aspx

Old 03-27-2014, 11:16 AM

Here is Parker's report for the last race, after 3 races he has a 19 point lead for the overall AHSCS championship.
Parker Nolen
Race Report
AHSCS Rd. 3 Cedar Creek ?Hoot in the Holler?
23 March 2014

Getting the GasGas back into shape from last weekend?s monsoon/blizzard consumed the entire week, resulting in another Saturday morning at F&M PowerSports putting the final touches on the bike before the race. Earlier in the week I had told my girlfriend Kaila that we would head on over to Disney, OK to watch the Rock Bouncer/Crawlers at the Big Meat Run on Saturday. With 10,000 plus in attendance we had something else to take our minds off racing and joined in the festivities by doing a little 4-wheeling ourselves.
Upon arriving at the track Sunday morning with a fresh bike and a positive attitude, we met with friends and got ready for the race. With the pit in place and starting stand on the line it was time to go AHSCS racing. With a decent jump off the line I had worked my way up to third before entering the first patch of woods. Fellow GasGas racer Trent Keen got cross rutted while on the gas coming out into the opening, swapping back and forth before he took a digger. Barely escaping the crash, now in second place, I set focus on the lead. Being the first lap, I decided to take it easy and get a feel for the bike and the track so I decided to take it cautious and settled into a comfortable pace behind first. Around 3 miles in I saw the opportunity to overtake the lead through a muddy section on track and made it stick. The remainder of the race I was able to maintain the lead and walked away on top and unhurt, inching closer to the AHSCS Championship.
Track was awesome and well marked, special thanks to the Donelson?s for putting on such a great event and thanks to Kawasaki SportCenter, F&M PowerSports, MSR, Gaerne Boots, Protaper, Decal Works, IMS, Cycra, Twin Air, Kali Protectives, my dad and girlfriend Kaila without all this would be near impossible!
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 03-27-2014, 08:26 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Good race report!