Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 02-15-2014, 01:17 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Fastway guards

Hello, I am installing a set of Fastway FIT version 3 hand guards onto my stock Rethnal Twinwalls. I was wondering if anyone has done the same and ran into the bar inserts being to small and not compressing enough to hold. Everything I'm reading says these bars are to small for typical mointing, but like I said the inserts are to thin and not flaring enough. Thanks for any input.

Old 02-15-2014, 01:50 PM

I installed the FIT guards on my gasser and even using a different brand of bars (I believe they are "Fly") the inserts didn't work worth a darn. I'm pretty sure that I just used leftover bar inserts from from either my stock KTM or Cycra guards. If you want to really lock them in, try some threaded inserts like these: http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_...=Th_insert_tap
Old 02-15-2014, 03:14 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

I had no issues with mine fitted on pro taper bars
Old 02-17-2014, 09:54 AM
Banned

A lot of guards will not fit the renthal bars. Even highwaydirtbikes.com states this on there web site.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buysomerice View Post
Hello, I am installing a set of Fastway FIT version 3 hand guards onto my stock Rethnal Twinwalls. I was wondering if anyone has done the same and ran into the bar inserts being to small and not compressing enough to hold. Everything I'm reading says these bars are to small for typical mointing, but like I said the inserts are to thin and not flaring enough. Thanks for any input.
In a pinch you can buy some clear plumbing tubing and slide it over the insert. It's a little tight getting into the bar end but will lock the insert up just fine.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 02-17-2014, 12:03 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Thanks all, twowheels came up with the best option I think. This issue is the twinwall inside bar diameter being to big for the standard fitting. A spacer or some inserts from cyrca or others that are made for the bigger ID.. On another note these things come out of the box fitting up perfectly with the stock rethnal twinwalls, no tweaking just bolt up in 10 min.