Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 01-18-2019, 05:56 PM

Would something like this interest you?

https://www.motocrosscenter.com/shop...-4mxk18bl.html

Brief thread about it here...

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23270

Cap.JPG

Old 01-18-2019, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen966 View Post
Thanks brother, all back together and good for some more thrashing!!
How low did you run the coolant?

I went to top mine off this morning and I had lost more coolant out of this bike than I have out of my last 2 in the 7 years owning them. It wasn't empty but it was well below the top of the fins.

Topped back up and run for a bit. Some very small bubbling in the rad with the cap off and a few revs added. I think it's just from circulation as throwing the cap on she doesn't pressurise and blow over quickly. I ran it up to temp around the yard and it hasn't blown any coolant either.

Dropped the crankcase drain plug and no coolant in the crank so that's a positive. Evidence of coolant on the pipe/spring where the overflow is.

Investigating the rad and cap mating surface and I have a casting flaw deep enough to catch a finger nail in.. I'm guessing this is my issue. Holds pressure but probably not enough at full temp/under load.

I have a ride planned for tomorrow. I don't want to cancel, so I think I'll just have to keep a close eye on the coolant situation.

I also hope I haven't done any damage running it a bit low last ride. No blueing of the pipe near the spigot.. Don't really feel like cracking the head/cylinder off on a 4 hour engine. I think I'll discuss with the dealer.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
How low did you run the coolant?

I went to top mine off this morning and I had lost more coolant out of this bike than I have out of my last 2 in the 7 years owning them. It wasn't empty but it was well below the top of the fins.

Topped back up and run for a bit. Some very small bubbling in the rad with the cap off and a few revs added. I think it's just from circulation as throwing the cap on she doesn't pressurise and blow over quickly. I ran it up to temp around the yard and it hasn't blown any coolant either.

Dropped the crankcase drain plug and no coolant in the crank so that's a positive. Evidence of coolant on the pipe/spring where the overflow is.

Investigating the rad and cap mating surface and I have a casting flaw deep enough to catch a finger nail in.. I'm guessing this is my issue. Holds pressure but probably not enough at full temp/under load.

I have a ride planned for tomorrow. I don't want to cancel, so I think I'll just have to keep a close eye on the coolant situation.

I also hope I haven't done any damage running it a bit low last ride. No blueing of the pipe near the spigot.. Don't really feel like cracking the head/cylinder off on a 4 hour engine. I think I'll discuss with the dealer.
Weird. Must be that as I've not had to fill mine up in nearly 60 hours & it's 40 degrees over here ATM!
Impressed at how cool they run in slow going/trail cutting/techy stuff without a fan.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawbagga View Post
Weird. Must be that as I've not had to fill mine up in nearly 60 hours & it's 40 degrees over here ATM!
Impressed at how cool they run in slow going/trail cutting/techy stuff without a fan.
I know.. Not showing any signs of running lean or anything either.. Just pulled the pipe and the plug. Had a good squiz at the slug from both points. Doesn't look like it's been washed with coolant or run hot which is lucky.

I'll ride tomorrow and keep an eye on the level.. And probably look into sourcing another chinese radiator!

The casting in the exhaust port is bloody average as well.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator

Rad seal polished down a bit.. doesn't catch the nail as much, but still not smooth all over.. Was a very deep flaw. Dealer looking into it Tuesday.

Threw the cap from my 2013 onto it too. Spring has more coils.. Feel like it has more tension depressing and installing into the rad. Even though both are labelled 1.8 bar.

Riding tomorrow. Will see how it goes.