Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 05-30-2015, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

Default Saturdays Pub Run

Not much to tell here, but thought I'd throw up a few pics anyway. Been drizzling here for the last few days and continued to do so during the entire day. Resulted in conditions that weren't quite muddy enough to call a slopfest, but more of a greasy slick slipper. The trip to the pub was less challenging than the return where conditions had deteriorated further. Proved to be a great day out with loads of laughs and a few soil samples by most bikes (and some riders).

Young bloke came along for a ride with us. Turned out singles weren't his cup of tea, and the big 525 didn't like them either! Bike and rider called it a day mid morning.

The Gas Gas loves this stuff! How good is the form! Outside peg weighted. Looking ahead up the hill well beyond the front wheel. Counter steering to keep the bike tracking where it should be. And that's how you blow your own whistle! Hahaha!

Bit of a regroup along the way

And another at the log bridge. Met up with a few other punters and had a bit of a yarn. They followed us into the pub too!

And lunch time! Enjoyed a rum can and a steak sanga with chups! Heaps more laughs. Good day that made me feel like a kid again! Giggling in the helmet while playing in the mud. Doesn't get much better!

Old 05-30-2015, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Oh wow... That put a smile on my face....

Now planning a trip to Australia to mooch off my friend jakobi!!!

Imagine this picture - jeff shows up at your door and says - "I lost my wallet - can I sleep on your couch? Do you have a bike I can borrow? And I think I might have left my wallet at the pub down the road... Do you mind going with me to look for it? We can get a drink while we are there.."

jeff
Old 05-30-2015, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

Nice one Jeff! There is usually a spare bike to be found, and a pub around every corner here!

Spose I could give my mates business a shout out here too! http://www.trailbikeadventure.com.au/ He lives only 10min down the road but if you ask me he's far too kind to his punters. Too many trail snacks, long lunches at the pub, followed by cruisey trips home! Perfect for his target audience!
Old 05-31-2015, 01:53 AM

Looks good
Old 05-31-2015, 02:18 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Wow,great stuff there Jake.You've been taking lessons off Birchy I see.

Your mates at trailbikeadventure are the people to see if you want to ride the trails in your region.Top people.

Aren't those Queensland pubs the shizz?
Old 05-31-2015, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator

Cheers.

Was following some other fellas thread on a Birchy 2 day course. Began considering putting it forward to the usual suspects. Would be interesting for sure! I know people say the coin is well worth it, but $500 is a fair few pub feeds and even more coldies.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:23 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Thanks for the pics and story, I'm living vicariously until I can ride again. Maybe try to console with a pub lunch seeing as its a long weekend here.
'22 765 Street Triple RS
'21 XTrainer
'69 Stinger T125 Suzuki
'23 TRS 250RR (it's a Trials thing)
Old 06-03-2015, 04:45 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

That looks like a fantastic day out on the bike Jake

Creek/river crossing looks a bit cuckoo - are those trees down with one board across all of 'em? Anyone try riding across instead of walking...lol?

What's a rum can?

Need to make my way down that way before I get too old, would really enjoy some of the trails in your neck of the woods
Old 06-03-2015, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Hope you enjoyed a good feed F5!

Cheers Liv2. You are correct, fallen logs across. It used to ridable back in the day but there is a substantial washout at both ends before getting to the horizontal logs which means you need to drop down into water, then log up back up on top and scoot across the top of a lot of wet logs and then try to pop back off the other end into soft sloppy mud (like quicksand). The fallen tree at the other end also means you need to duck under it before the log hop. Easier just to man handle them.

I rode up the far side and then swung a leg off and used some momentum and throttle to cleanly run across the logs, but that's about as good as it gets these days.

For reference, the near side in the picture is deep enough that in the wet season (when its full of water) that I have seen a DRZ slip off the log and all you could see what the tip of an exhaust pipe showing.

A rum can is only the ultimate trail snack!
Old 06-03-2015, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

Creek back in 2012, Australia Day. Another top day in the rain!