Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:54 AM

Default What parts fit the 12's?

I'm wondering what aftermarket parts are known to fit the 12's;

I have a set of Cycra hand guards that I want to mount on my 250, but need to know what inner mount to use; Do I need this type of mount?
http://www.brpmoto.com/products?page...tegory_id=1386

The regular inner bar clamp looks like it will interfere with the crossbar mounts on the stock Renthals........

Also what rad braces are known to fit?(don't want rad guards)

Skid plates? Or skid plate/Pipe guards?

Damper posts & sub mounts (ie. Scotts)?
Clay has a Motosportz on his. However I have a scotts in my possesion & would prefer to use it if I could.........

Brian

Old 07-01-2012, 08:44 AM

Brian,

Handguard mount options are the same as prior years. Stay away from taper bar clamps and things get more consistent. I successfully mounted a Hyde combo for an '11 to my '12 250, fits very well and pipe matches just about perfect, holes line up perfect. If you don't like that you could wait for your AXP to be sent or go Scorpion. I suspect that the '11 P3 pipe guards will fit if you like that route because the Hyde matches up. I have Scorpion rad frames and grills for the '12, but you could use '11 parts if you ditch the shroud grommet mount system. I have a Scotts mounted with Flexxbars. The tower from a pre '10 bike fits as the neck size is the same art 62mm. Bar clamp mount is the same as prior years. All else is the same, filters, sprockets, brakes, etc. Good Luck, let me know what you think. I'm heading out later for more testing.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:15 AM

A buddy of mine makes these STOUT braces for the 12.

And a nice ignition cover, anodized or plain. Bolt missing since we were mocking it up.

If you want contact info PM me.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:20 AM

Those are some quality parts👍
Old 07-01-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3beejay3 View Post
I'm wondering what aftermarket parts are known to fit the 12's;

I have a set of Cycra hand guards that I want to mount on my 250, but need to know what inner mount to use; Do I need this type of mount?
http://www.brpmoto.com/products?page...tegory_id=1386

The regular inner bar clamp looks like it will interfere with the crossbar mounts on the stock Renthals........

Also what rad braces are known to fit?(don't want rad guards)

Skid plates? Or skid plate/Pipe guards?

Damper posts & sub mounts (ie. Scotts)?
Clay has a Motosportz on his. However I have a scotts in my possesion & would prefer to use it if I could.........

Brian
We've got rad braces that can incorporate mounting brackets for the upper and lower portions of the lower rad shroud but use the stock louver up front.

The TwinWalls make it difficult to get anything clamped on (brace mounting hardware, extra switch gear etc.) My preferred guard/clamp is the Fastway FIT I - the inner guard mount is on the handlebar top clamp not the handlebar and you can also run a top mounted damper (Fastway, Scotts, GRP, perhaps others).

I've found no reason not to love the big poly AXP skidplate that comes with the 12s, at least after initial install. Tough, light, seemingly durable ...
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 07-02-2012, 07:45 AM

The Unabiker radiator braces/guards mount up on the 12'. Enduro engineering has a rear rotor guard as well as an aluminum bash plate.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:53 AM

I just picked up some Scorpion radiator braces and skidplate. Nice quality looks super solid.
STREET_ GTR 1400 (The Connie)
93 KDX 200 (Katie)
Old 07-02-2012, 08:00 AM

I have the EE rotor guard/carrier as well. Yes, go with some type of T clamp hand guard system. The FIT is nice, damper ready option, but you are limited to Fastway guards. The BRP you linked to looks like the Bike Bonz mounts, very clean and easy, but complicates damper install. I have the Fastway adjustable damper mount/bar clamp only.

I wish they would have done something about the same old shifter design that wears out in no time. I swapped the Hammerhead on from my '07.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20120630_174747.jpg (112.8 KB, 38 views)
Old 07-02-2012, 12:20 PM

Hey GMP. They make a new pad for the damper mount crossbars if you are interested. I will take a few pics of mine.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:34 PM

I got a straight pad with grey cover. I was going to cut it down, but yeah, send or post a pic.