Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 04-10-2012, 10:51 AM

Checking schedule. Plan is to ride Shelton Enduro on May 6th and try to get to meet n greet as well.

Hope to finally make it up there this year.

When date is set, we'll let you know for sure Roscoe (my bro and I)

Old 04-11-2012, 09:59 AM

Thumbs up April 27-29 Moab Gas Gas Rally

Gas Gas Rally April 27-28-29 Moab Ut Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
Gas Gas Meet n greet ride 5!

Ok Gas Gas enthusiasts it's finally come time for me to schedual this now that the Desert 100 is in the books. I can now focus on the meet n greet that I enjoy to host annually.

Hoping we can all find a compromising date in our busy schedules to meet n go for a ride.

I'm shooting for one of these weekend days:

April 28th or 29th
May 12th or 13th
May 20th

This ride will consist of Tahuya single track here in Washington state, rain or shine. Single track loop in the AM. My wife will barbecue and cook up some dogs and burgers for lunch. Then another loop of single track for those interested in more.

Let me know if you are interested in one of these dates so we can nail down the day. Then I will set up a meet time and place, also provide directions if you need them. I usually stop for breakfast before hand in Belfair. Your more than welcome to join me.

BRAAAAP!
Roscoe
Old 04-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualsportutah.com View Post
Have fun in Moab. Sucks you won't be able to make it to my ride again this year if it happens to fall on one of your rides days.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:05 AM

Leaning toward May 12 or 13th, is one day better than the other? Saturday vrs Sunday.

Thinking about piggy backing a Benefit ride for my friend Les owner of LTRacing. Or just taking one of the other dates we don't use for the Meet n Greet. Les has no medical insurance as he is self employed.

I just recently hosted a Benefit ride for another friends wife it went very well. Every bit helps.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:22 AM

I'm new to the Gas Gas world and I'm going to try and make it to this ride! I would prefer Saturday. On a side note Rosco I think I pitted right next to you at the Desert 100 I had the new 2012 300. Congrats on the great run.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblazer11 View Post
I'm new to the Gas Gas world and I'm going to try and make it to this ride! I would prefer Saturday. On a side note Rosco I think I pitted right next to you at the Desert 100 I had the new 2012 300. Congrats on the great run.
Yes you did, and welcome to the world of Gas Gas. Sorry I did not get a chance to talk with you I was really in race mode and arrived the morning of, a bit late as usual.

I hope you can make it to our gathering. It's always a great time with good people. I think most people like Saturday but I am concerned about the long haulers. We'll see who pipes up.

And thanks I was pretty solid this year at the 100. I like putting Gas Gas in the upper echelon, people take notice!

Roscoe

Old 04-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

May 12th is Gallardo Gran Prix at Straddleline, FYI. I don't know what I would choose, but I do have Saturday penciled in as a "me" day, so I can do either event. Would like to meet some gasser's, though.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscook View Post
May 12th is Gallardo Gran Prix at Straddleline, FYI. I don't know what I would choose, but I do have Saturday penciled in as a "me" day, so I can do either event. Would like to meet some gasser's, though.
I wish I had more dates but unfortunately I also put on events and am booked with the Black bear Enduro approaching fast.

The Gallardo Series is put on by a friend of mine Scott Mcfate and I wasn't aware of the date dispute as I'm not doing that mini winter series. I'd rather not pull anyone from his date as he's not really getting huge turnout.

So maybe April 28th or 29th is best. I'm Fine with that but that is approaching fast. More feedback?

Old 04-14-2012, 11:46 PM

Sundays work best, for me. However, If I have a 2-3 week lead time, I can schedule it. Otherwise, I won't be well enough to make it in to work. Since I haven't called in sick for roughly 18 months, it'll be ok.

http://youtu.be/SBx0wK-NfUc
Old 04-15-2012, 08:45 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
I wish I had more dates but unfortunately I also put on events and am booked with the Black bear Enduro approaching fast.

The Gallardo Series is put on by a friend of mine Scott Mcfate and I wasn't aware of the date dispute as I'm not doing that mini winter series. I'd rather not pull anyone from his date as he's not really getting huge turnout.

So maybe April 28th or 29th is best. I'm Fine with that but that is approaching fast. More feedback?
You can't please everyone, and the 12th/13th sounds like the best compromise. Scott had a much better turnout yesterday as the weather was the best I have seen in months, and the best I have ridden in years. I think losing a gasser or two will not affect the turnout too much. I estimate 40+ riders on the afternoon starting line, I think it was 12 or more on the Open C line.

I know that I am out the 28th, possible on the 5th/6th, definite for the 12th/13th, and possible on the 19th/20th. Do what you have to do, and those that can make it will do so. Thanks for coordinating this as I know it is a thankless task. We all have to make sacrifices, and we will do so as needed to support whatever event we can.