Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 10-03-2007, 05:14 PM

Thumbs up Moose Flex Bars

Okay you all have heard how much I have hated the Renthall Fat Bars on my new bike.

Mark at gofasters sent me some of these Moose Flex bars and so far without riding the bike they seem to already be better than the renthals.

I ordered the Dick Burleson bend bars. They are the same as the CR high bars but they are only 30 inches wide. When I put them up against the Renthals the Moose bars had more sweep and were about 1/4 to a 1/2 inch shorter than the Renthals. I sat on my bike for about 30 minutes with my hands on the bars and felt no numbing. The Renthal bars put my hands to sleep within minutes of grabbing the bars.

I will ride this Sunday and give a full report on them.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:34 PM

Robby, what bend Renthals did you get on the bike? For me, all the CR bends and derivatives have too much sweep. What you have to consider when looking at bar specs is the sweep vs width. For the same sweep dimmension, the more narrow bar will have a greater angle. Thats why the Hawkins bars feel worse than a cut down CR Hi, to me anyway. I just took the Renthal KTM SX bars off my '03, but the Hebo bars that came on my '07 are very nice.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

Check out these new SunLine bars, has an anti-vibration insert in 'em.

http://www.sixsixone.com/AVONEOSX.aspx

If you look on their chart, the KTM bend bars has the least amount of rearward sweep.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:20 AM

Glenn,
Not sure which bend or model on the renthal bars. All I know is that they really hurt my hands within minutes of putting my hands on the grips. I even put oversize grips on the bike thinking that would help me out which it did not.

I will give these new bars a go on Sunday when Girard & I ride with the guy from Arizona.

On my 04 I had the pro taper CR High bars and they did not hurt my hands that bad. Yes my hands would go numb but only after a few hours of riding. I would still like to get some Hebo bars and give them a try also.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:44 AM

The older Hebo "Varibars" or fat bars were supposed to be CR Hi bend. I think they were lower and had less sweep. I don't think all CR Hi bend bars are exactly the same. If you have issues check your grips, if the outer edge shows significantly more wear than the rest, thats a pressure point, from too much sweep. My '07 Hebo bars look very close to the KTM SX bars, I just used the KTM bars because they already had ATek inserts in them for the handguards. If you have any numbness, hand cramps, etc. try either of these bars ASAP.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
check your grips, if the outer edge shows significantly more wear than the rest, thats a pressure point, from too much sweep.
Mine are worn there. I have Pro Taper "mini high" bend. I guess I'll try the KTM bend next.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:36 PM

I ran the moose burleson bars on my drz. I bent one or two a season. they were not bad bends, just a few mm one way or the other, just enough to make you think something odd was going on with your front end. I ran them tho because i liked the way they fit. I run the stock hebo bar on my 300 which is very different from the moose bar bend, but I like the way they fit me when on the gasser. different bikes require different bar bends!!!
Old 10-07-2007, 02:34 PM

Well I am back from our little ride with Rick from Arizona. Seemed like he had a good time with us and the pizza was great also.

I am very happy with the bars. I did have to make a trail side adjustment and move them forward a bit. That really helped out. It took a little getting use to how narrow they are but hey they work. Girard even said he liked the sweep on them.

Now all I have to do is adjust the suspension. Girard said the rear sag needs adjusting. If so that would explain the harshness of the bike because I am having to work the bars a little harder & faster to stay in tune with the suspension while on the go.