Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 04-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Here is the TT pic so you don't have to look for it.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Old 04-13-2010, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyManiac View Post
I still lucked out and had a decent start but rode pretty conservatively to 19th in the 250 class, not sure where overall.
Congrats... Way to go Steve,

How many Cunuks do you think went down?
07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Old 04-13-2010, 10:07 PM

Just counting PNWMA racers that I can think of right now, there was around 15. Of that, 1 didn't start (Bobby Prochnau broke his thumb on Saturday), 1 DNF'd, then we had 1, 2, 3, and 19th in the 250 class, 9th and 14th in open, 2nd and 5th in ladies and not sure where the others finished. Not bad for a bunch of guys used to dealing with 1st and 2nd gear tight nasty technical riding.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:15 AM

REVERUP, sorry to hear about the DNF...I'm sure you'll gt it figured out and let us know what went wrong.

Speedy, sounds like you Canadian'S did well.
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 04-14-2010, 08:44 AM

Hey Roscoe,
Sorry to hear about your DNF. Sounds vaguely familiar, too. In Idaho a couple of years ago, my bike did the same sort of thing yours went through getting ready for this race. One day it just stopped (no spark) way out in the Sawooth Mountains. I worked on it for a while, but nothing seemed to make a difference, until for no apparent reason it started sparking again. Rode out, rode a couple more days, then the bioke just quit, never to spark again. Traced that one to a dead trigger coil, which GasGas doesn't list or sell seperately, but Suzuki does. Jack Bondus at Road Track and Trail found a cross match on the Suzuki one, and it cost me about $20 to fix.
The other time (when you broke my bike ), the stator was well and truly dead. The Trail Tech KTM stators work perfectly, WAY cheaper than stock, and more lighting power on the EC ignition. Not sure about the DE ignition.
Hope you get it sorted for this weekend.
See you at Riverdale.

Tim H
Old 04-14-2010, 04:24 PM

Ya I'm getting one of those tonight at my club meeting. Tim S. is bringing me one that JR has. I was told about that part by him the next day after the race. I also have a new coil and regulator coming on Friday from Go Fasters. If its the stator I guess I wont be at the race. That will suck because this weekend is the first race of a series in a series.

Thanks a bunch for the info, I need reliability back. I don't want the KTM guys, like your son to keep on giving me crap.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 04-14-2010, 09:31 PM

Here is a pic a Stumpjumper posted on Facebook

Also hope it isn't the stator trigger coil. I came home without one tonight. Do you know the Suzuki part number Tim ?

Old 04-15-2010, 07:29 AM

Bummer it wasn't just a shorted kill switch. There must have been a virus going around because the other bike in our pits (KTM) came down with the same symptom about 9 miles in on the first loop. No spark. End of race for him too.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Old 04-15-2010, 09:33 AM

Don't know the part number. However, I do have my original stator with the replaced trigger coil, and we could salvage the coil off of it to see if it works on yours. Interested in making a trip from Bonney Lake WAY out to Johnson's Corner on Highway 7? If you take the "back way' through Orting it'll bring you across 304th and dump you about 1/2 mile from our house. Give me a call if you want to try...we're in the book at home, my cell is 253, prefix 880, then 2886.

Tim H
Old 04-15-2010, 09:54 AM

I had a moment of panic after I posted that thinking that maybe Trail Tech made me salvage that trigger coil for their new stator, but I had Scott check the garage and the coil is waiting for you if you want it.

Tim H