Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:35 PM

Default pv questiion??

under the lh side pv cover the shaft with the thread has about 5 mm of in/out movement it has been like this since the first time i looked under there (when bike about 2 mths old). What i am wondering is i can hear a slight knock eco through the cylinder and it sounds like the noise you get when you pull that shaft fast in or out and take up the play. the bearing itself seems to have quite abit of movement in the housing before it hits the retaining washer. the noise sounds abit like the chain slider it happens when you just get back on the throttle slightly at medium rpm, but it still does it when the bike is stationary and out of gear and i give it a few small blips of the throttle and ideas?? i have been riding it like this since new but it is annoying me and when i speek to othe gasgas owners (notmany around here) they say they dont have the same problem. mabye someone here can help me ???
thanks

Old 04-21-2008, 08:52 PM

my 06300 has a very similar noise to it,maybe jetted too lean or a slight piston slap/rattle when under load though,took off my top end this weekend to replace and everything looks great,going to change it for piece of mind,it does have a couple good seasons on it,my P/V looks very clean and tight
Old 04-21-2008, 09:23 PM

i thought the same a slight lean knock but when i done the topend (bike done 3hrs since) it all looked excellent and didnt seam to have been running lean and it is still the same noise after topend so thats why i am onto the pv now and mine has made this noise since new
Old 05-08-2008, 08:22 AM

my 08 makes the same noise..tried to find it..i have used foam to damp moving parts..what is interesting is that i drifted down a long hill 1/2 mile with the motor off and i still heard the noise..i dont think it is a problem..but i would like to know what it is..my bike also has the same threaded rod with play..i will check out and see if the noise is coming from that and let you know..thanks ricky
Old 05-09-2008, 04:49 AM

finally someone else that no's what im talking about. now i think about it i think i have heard it once when i ran out of fuel and was trying to turn the fuel tap to reserve while the motor was still turning over it must be something with the pv let us no what ya find gassman cheers
Old 05-09-2008, 07:09 AM

This is normal PV noise from the play being taken up rapidly in the parts from exhaust pulses. This clearance is neccessary so the PV will function when dirty, like a military firearm. What you should check is if the actuator arm is in contact with the stop bolt head when the engine is off. This is under the right side PV cover.