Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:37 PM

Default exhaust pipe removal

unbolted both bolts, pulled the springs, and the pipe wont come off. its loose at the connection to the silencer also so i dont think its hanging up there. am i missing something? last time i pulled a pipe off a two stoke i had it off in about two min, but this buggers not moving.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanMcc View Post
unbolted both bolts, pulled the springs, and the pipe wont come off. its loose at the connection to the silencer also so i dont think its hanging up there. am i missing something? last time i pulled a pipe off a two stoke i had it off in about two min, but this buggers not moving.
Probably just tweaked a bit, try wiggling/twisting and pulling at the same time..

There is one bolt down by the frame rails, and one up by the tank, as well as the springs. Nothing else holds it on.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:45 PM

wiggled it and pulled, pretty hard, still wont come off, im not sure i can really pull much harder. i even had someone hold the bike while i wiggled and pulled
Old 06-14-2012, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanMcc View Post
wiggled it and pulled, pretty hard, still wont come off, im not sure i can really pull much harder. i even had someone hold the bike while i wiggled and pulled
Could try tapping it with a rubber mallet, try and break loose whatever is seizing it up. Does it rotate about the exhaust spigot at all? If it doesn't I would try and get it moving a bit about the spigot first. Must be carbon build up seizing it on.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:20 AM
Super Moderator

As above. You said you can get a little bit of play in it how? How much in which direction?? I almost always use a rubber mallet to tap it where it doubles back over itself just before the spigot. This pumps it off easily. If its going to hang up anywhere I find it is the rubber joint between the silencer and pipe. They can move freely but when you pull it grabs and the rubber stretches and grabs tighter. Try and have someone make sure thats moving as you pull.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:36 AM

Rubber mallet, and if that doesn't work take the silencer off. It will most likely slide right off, and then the pipe should be free.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:58 AM

carbon baked on like you said. the piston looked pretty scuffed IMO when i looked at it through the exhaust port. i will post a new thread with the picture of it. look at it and see what you think....Thanks again for the help!!!
Old 06-15-2012, 08:56 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Silencer off first, on last, makes the job much easier. but you know what would be really cool, pre-cut holes in the plastic like the KTM so you can get to the bolt heads. Just a little thing that you don't notice until you have the back apart four or five times in a week
Breaking more things by 8:00AM than most people break all day.