Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Old 02-13-2011, 10:50 PM

Thumbs up western nebraska on a '98 Pampera

A group from Motoadventure Kawasaki-Gas Gas went riding on a private ranch in western nebraska today- yes February 13th . The ride to the ranch on I-80 was windy and as we approached the area on the backroads the wind turned gale force and was loaded with small rocks. We nearly turned around and drove back to Ft collins. But as with all things a sense of adventure, curiousity and the need to ride won out. I rode my '98 Gas Gas Pampera since i sold the KLX450 to fund the GG 2011 XC300(not here yet) . The Pampera is shod with Kenda dual sport tires by the way. The ground was really slick- a moderate amount of snow on the ground in patches and in any ravine or depression. We made our way to a twisty tight canyon/ravine/draw- whatever you care to call it, the ground was covered with either slick mud , snow or ice but since it was a really warm day all this stuff was melting FAST. As soon as you left a groove in the ground with your tire it became a stream. We dropped into the canyon - 3 guys in front of me and 1 behind( my husband& bike pick up assist),the first 3 left a nice track through the snow but also had freed up the accumulated water. The water was backing up at places but then would rush forward in a wave-sometimes a foot or more deep. This was incredible fun of course, and a bunch of hard work too . I was very impressed with both my bike and those Kenda dual sport tires.I've ridden this bike a lot lately, Moab in november and around northern colorado the rest of the time. As i said i'm waiting for a new bike but don't sell the older Gas Gas bikes short, the Pampera is an awesome bike- it can go pretty much everywhere and if you are short it is especially good. We spent the day riding through the canyons and found lots of snow and ice and really cold deep water pockets.When we took a break there was a competition for how much water you could dump out of your boots. The usually wipe out free group had plenty of falls and lots of re-trys at hills . What a great day of riding with good friends! We were really happy that we didn't turn back when things looked bad. The conditions we were riding in were fantastic -it's not every day that you get to ride in mud ,snow ice and water in an area that is usually arrid. We got to see the forces of nature that created these canyons at work- usually when we ride there it is dry or the canyons are impassable with snow.Great day of riding- Thanks Bruce!

"No one expects the spanish inquisition"
2011 GG xc300
GG TXT 321 trials
Guzzi V7