Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 02-21-2020, 05:44 AM

Default 2001 EC300 wheels

Hi all,

Just picked up a 2001 EC300 for myself (not my first dirtbike but is my first GasGas and my first 2 stroke!)

Looking forward to both enduro riding and road hillclimb racing on it.

My question for road hillclimb is getting supermoto wheels to fit.

I can get a set of supermoto rims built for the bike from SMPro but would need a set of hubs off a 2001 model.

Do later hubs and wheels fit the 2001 model or do i need to get specific year wheels etc for it? or alternatively does anyone know of any SM wheels that fit with little modification?

Cheers
Dan

Old 02-21-2020, 06:50 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDan View Post
Hi all,

Just picked up a 2001 EC300 for myself (not my first dirtbike but is my first GasGas and my first 2 stroke!)

Looking forward to both enduro riding and road hillclimb racing on it.

My question for road hillclimb is getting supermoto wheels to fit.

I can get a set of supermoto rims built for the bike from SMPro but would need a set of hubs off a 2001 model.

Do later hubs and wheels fit the 2001 model or do i need to get specific year wheels etc for it? or alternatively does anyone know of any SM wheels that fit with little modification?

Cheers
Dan
Welcome to the list!
It would be helpful if you update your profile with your whereabouts, at least the country where you live.

This question come up from time to time. You might find some answers using the search function, but I can give you a short answer:

I think hubs from almost any year Gasgas can be used. The later (from 04 or thereabout) started using a bigger front axle, but it will be just a matter of getting suitable bearings and spacers to fit your fork.

I use my 06 wheels on my 15 model, and a pair of Talons fits both bikes.

There are Gasgas SM wheel sets available, e.g. from Motocrosscenter in Spain.
https://www.motocrosscenter.com/shop...bs-196601.html

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc
Old 02-21-2020, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Welcome to the list!
It would be helpful if you update your profile with your whereabouts, at least the country where you live.

This question come up from time to time. You might find some answers using the search function, but I can give you a short answer:

I think hubs from almost any year Gasgas can be used. The later (from 04 or thereabout) started using a bigger front axle, but it will be just a matter of getting suitable bearings and spacers to fit your fork.

I use my 06 wheels on my 15 model, and a pair of Talons fits both bikes.

There are Gasgas SM wheel sets available, e.g. from Motocrosscenter in Spain.
https://www.motocrosscenter.com/shop...bs-196601.html
Cheers, updated to show im from the UK

Will trawl the forum a bit harder and probably end up with some SMPro supermoto rims for about ?600 from their shop