Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 02-16-2013, 04:53 PM

I hate spell check. Pull the trigger.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:14 PM

I'm glad your liking it! There are some very favorable reviews on KTMTALK also.

One thing that's cool about the Lectron is that you don't have to worry about it flooding when tipped over. Of a matter of a fact mine just keeps on running unless I purposely kill it, but even after killing it when laid over it starts right back up.

I've also noticed that I can give it more gas when practicing my harescramble starts without it wanting to die like it did with the PWK.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:13 PM

I haven't updated this thread for awhile, but I just got back from a ride and I have to tell someone that my bike ran AWESOME today! It's never had any where near this much top end or throttle response. I rode everything from off-trail technical stuff to scream-the-guts-out-of-it stuff, and it was flawless. I believe I have it set perfect for the conditions I was riding in today. Oh ya, I had it lugging down extremely low, and it pulled out of it like a champ. This carb allows me to ride like a revver or a lugger, and has actually opened up different lines that I never saw before.

As you can tell I'm more excited about it now than I ever was. I've had it for 3 months now, and I haven't had any problems with it at all since it was installed.

It was an awesome ride today!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

I'm still yet to put a decent ride on mine. Was meant to be heading out today but got rained out and cancelled last night. Weather looks fine this morning so I may be able to muster a mate or two for some punishment this afternoon, or just go for a small solo mission.

My findings thus far are that the carb is so simple to setup and tune that that alone should sell them like hotcakes. Its sensitive to adjustments, but offers enough adjustability that you can put it right where it needs to be. Power and throttle response is good everywhere. I think its managed to fill in a bit of a void in the midrange from my previous PWK setup. Would I recommend one. Hells yes! if even only for simplicity!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:07 PM

I raced for the first time with the 38mm Lectron on my bike. It was a very short hare scramble course consisting of slick hard pack, and some muddy spots, but it was mostly hard pack with huge four wheeler ruts throughout. There was a couple of brief 5th gear sections and one short 2nd gear section, but I spent most of the time in 3rd and 4th gear.

The Good:

It started on the first kick on the start line, and I pulled the holeshot.

It idled flawlessly before and after the race. There wasn't much ideling being done during the race.

The bike ran flawlessly all day even after I dropped it or should I say it dropped me?

After a couple of crashes, actually 3, it started on the first kick.

The Bad:

The fuel mileage isn't anything to brag about. I'm estimating that I got 15mpg today. I went 33.6 miles in 1 hour 32min. I didn't measure the fuel it took to refill it, but by eyeballing the lines on my gas jug I'm estimating that I used 2.25 gallons. Kind-of disappointing, but it was a fast course.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

6.4km/L = 60km to bone dry. Disappointing would be an understatement.

What mods have been made to your bike? Head etc? Have you played with the float height at all on the lectron? Also whats the fuel specs altitude, humidity and all of that jazz?
Old 04-07-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
6.4km/L = 60km to bone dry. Disappointing would be an understatement.

What mods have been made to your bike? Head etc? Have you played with the float height at all on the lectron? Also whats the fuel specs altitude, humidity and all of that jazz?
RB Squish mod with stock compression; stock pipe with large dent; stock Q-Stealth silencer recently repacked; original topend with approximately 100hrs.; Compression 190psi, which is what it was new also; Float height is standard, but it doesn't dribble out of the overflow; Fuel specs = pump gas 93 octane with Motul 800 at 48:1; Temp 71F; humidity is a guess but probably 75%.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:27 PM

I raced my first enduro with the Lectron last weekend. The carb worked flawlessly from idle to full throttle.

Four Main Points:

1) The top end is much improved over the PWK. Last year I would get ate up in the long, fast, open field sections, but not this year. It was a huge improvement.

2) Last year I felt like I was always caught in between 2nd and 3rd gear on this course, but this year I was pulling 3rd easily in corners that would've been questionable last year.

3) My bike is currently the smoothest running two stroke that I've ever rode.

4) I haven't calculated exact mpg yet, but it appears to be about the same as with the PWK or only a very marginal increase.

I've been using this carb since December and I'm still very pleased with my purchase, and I've had zero issues since getting it set up.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:15 PM

Hey bro I'm picking one up right away for my 250 what size would you recommend?
Old 04-26-2013, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambo-trev View Post
Hey bro I'm picking one up right away for my 250 what size would you recommend?
I only have experience with the 38 on my 250, but I can tell you that I don't regret my choice to get it. I'm guessing that the 36mm will be a little snappier off the bottom, which some might like. The 38 delivers very smooth power off the bottom, but don't mistake that for weak power.

If I was given a chance to swap mine for the 36 I would turn it down, and stick with what I've got.