Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 08-03-2023, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerj View Post
Great ? good info. - for me the bottom line is probably ?better safe than sorry?.

But this leads me to another question. I am not currently having a problem with boil over, and with engine ice the temperature could conceivably go up quite high. I thought the problem with high temperatures was seizing?at what point does that become an issue?
It is highly unlikely that you will cause catastrophic engine damage from high engine temperatures if the bike does not boil over.

The only scenario I see that happening is if you boil over and continue to ride with boiling coolant and/or low coolant levels.

Best to shut the bike down if you are boiling, wait for it to cool down and add more coolant if you aren't running a catch tank.

Boiling coolant wont cool the cylinder and head efficiently because of the air/bubbles in the coolant which raises temps dramatically.

I do not run a fan and ride slow technical terrain in AZ heat often. Boiled all of my gassers a handful of times and have never seen any heat patterns under the piston during tear downs, which would indicate the motor got excessively hot.

Old 08-04-2023, 01:18 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerj View Post
Great ? good info. - for me the bottom line is probably ?better safe than sorry?.

But this leads me to another question. I am not currently having a problem with boil over, and with engine ice the temperature could conceivably go up quite high. I thought the problem with high temperatures was seizing?at what point does that become an issue?
one thing i found once i fitted a fan is that the bike then needs a fan as the fan cowling will restrict flow and your bike will boil on climbs it didn't boil on without a fan. my fan was on a manual switch that i would turn on when I thought it was needed. with the fan on i never boiled, i did sometimes find the bike running a bit weird because it was a cool day and i forgot to turn if off for the downhill!
Old 08-12-2023, 02:12 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Out of town so slow on the response. Thanks all, this is the info. I needed!

Jeff