Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC View Post
The jetting is good. The bike and I both seem to be happy with it, NEDW,40,172. On a really good day I think I can get almost 40 miles out of a stock tank at an A level pace, but realistically 36-38 is more like it. I usually finish right around the top 20 OA. I just had the head modded by. http://http://cycleplayground.com/in...nical/headpics ,so I'll have to see what effect that has on fuel efficiency. My first series race is this Sunday, and I remember I went through over 4 gallons of gas last year at this same race. I actually ran out of gas 200 yards before the finish and had to put the bike on reserve, but that was with a CCK needle. We're way off topic here, sorry about that.
That jetting should be good. MJC is on the gas!

Old 05-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Site Sponsor

i have not stopped for fuel at a hs yet this year. i never check the mileage - probably around 50 miles.., but the longest one so far time wise was 2:45... 172, 42, 2nd clip, 1.75 a/s. jetted so nice, i can't even remember what needle is in there - now that it's getting hotter, i may lean a/s a 1/8 or so. i think if you run a gear high it uses alot less fuel.. been trying to avoid shifting down to 2nd too much. slipping the clutch more on exits, instead of shifting down. i finally got my clutch to squawk. first time i had one squawk in 4 years - was going up a big hill, a gear too high, and worked the clutch hard, for a long time. squawked for a few secs after i finished the hill, then it went away. haven't been able to make it do it since..

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 05-18-2012, 09:18 PM

Default GG/Bikes/Jim Senecal, Billy Burns, LDA Racing

Hi Clay and other GG riders,

Understand your situation. Went through a similar time when Billy Burns and Jim Senecal were riding for GG. At that time Dale Malasek was handling the Trials and Enduro bikes. He did not have to do the Enduro bikes but he did. A lot of flack was given to Dale at that time. He took it. He could have dropped the Enduro line at any time but he didn't. I know this for a fact because I sponsored the Woman's and Men's U.S. National Trials Team that year as well as Jim Senecal and Billy Burns in the National Enduro Series. I also was a sponsor when Billy went to the Six Days on a GG. I would get reports from him everyday on how he was doing and how the bike was working and we made changes even though the Factory Mechs. were there. As far as the Enduro end I worked with Dale Malasek (Trials and Enduro importer) and Mark at Go Fasters on a steady basis. Parts avalibility always seemed to be a problem. This was not due to the fact they would not ship them to the customer, it was because they were told the container would be there at a certain time and it wasn't. Not sticking up for anyone but this is the way it was a few years ago. Yes, I feel things could have been handled a little differently but my opion is that if Dale did not do what he did a few years ago we would not have the GG Enduro bikes here now. I have had the chance to work with Clay at a couple of Enduros up here in New England and talked with him about different things that are going on. When he says he is doing his best BELIEVE HIM!! Some people don't know he worked for KTM for many years. He took a big chance of his own free will to go to GG. If you riders want to continue to have the support and get your parts faster than I would suggest you give Clay more support on the positive note to give to GG. The positive will work in the end. Support him and he will support you to the best of his ability. He has more at stake than just buying a bike and parts. This is his income. Anyone can complain about something if it doesn't work. Constructive feed back works best even if it takes a little longer. I am sure I will get a lot of feed back on this but thats the way it is. They are great bikes and you have someone that has been in the MC field for a long time. I did not have this option when I was dealing with Jim and Billy at that time. Use Clay in a supportive way and he will go to bat for you. Yes Jim and Billy are on KTM. As you can see I don't shun any brand. This is who they ride for now and as a sponsor I will back them. I will also back any other rider on any other bike as long as they are commited to the sport and support the product or brand bike they are using.

Brian DeVries
LDA Racing
Old 05-18-2012, 09:35 PM
Super Moderator

Brian, I think you'll only receive positive feedback re your post. I think you'll find the majority of people on the site, even if disgruntled with the delays, have acknowledged that it is beyond Clays control, and even somewhat beyond Gas Gas Spains control. We're all here for the product and as the owners receive their bikes the positive reviews are flooding in. In the grand scheme of things, how many other brands have their distributers actively participate on a forum? I can also attest to the Australian Importer, John Fretten, spending the time to register on this forum and answering questions.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Banned

Brian and Jakobi,
Thank you for the kind words. This year has been tough due to the delays in production but I believe the bike has been worth the wait. I had a discussion with Ramon Puentes last week and he apologized for the problems and thanked us for being patient. I also appreciate the customers who have been patient with Gas Gas and us. Ramon is the CEO of Gas Gas and he promised we would have bikes much earlier this year....hopefully in September. I know the orange brand will have bikes before then but September is very early for Gas Gas.
The members of this forum have been very positive and supportive and I really appreciate that.
Clay