Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:42 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Sorry to hear about the rough go for 2012 for you and the family Clay. I believe it will rebound greatly for 2013. I would think the factory will get their parts suppliers in line.

For those of us who been around this brand for a long time we are used to the up and down years. And are certainly used to minor quirks with these bikes.

If you could have seen the long lists of things we needed to modify or replace before we even rode the bike back say 8 -10 years ago, you would smile that some shroud plastic mounting and the seat are the only minor tweaks some feel the bike needs.

Some years back this website is mostly how I learned what my bike needed modded or messaged. No one but guys on this website that I knew owned them, they were truly exotics.

If anyone strays away from a Gas Gas cause of a plastic mounting issue that is easily fixed with something you already have in your shop, or a seat that seems to hard to one but may be fine to another guy. I say let them. I mean no bike is Rainbows and Pony's. All dirt bikes have quirks, and things that bug each individual, thats why there is such a large aftermarket.

Anyhow many of us know what these bikes used to be and what they are now. They used to be the best turning and handling, most tractable 2 Stroke made IMO. Now they are all of that plus stone cold reliable, fit and finish is way up, standard equipment is top notch, and specs are more than competitive with the competition. Oh and the Icing on the cake is, they are certainly one of the best looking bikes on the market.

Since I started riding Gas Gas I have watched Gas Gas owners come and go. But you know what? Seems more times than not, I see them come back down the Gas Gas road. That in it's self speaks volumes.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Old 04-19-2012, 03:24 AM

Just got back from another day on the 2012!! Not to rub it in but unless you have one your missing out hey jakobi maybe one of these days we should find a half way point and meet up for a weekend of riding and you can give it a blast! Im sure by then you would have ridden one but its a great excuse to have a holiday with riding
Old 04-19-2012, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator

You just want to ride my new little 250 with its TTX Nato! I see your motives! Hahaha. I don't know anyone up here who's accquired a 2012 and the dealer hasn't lined any sales up as far as I know. He still has a 2011 EC300E to move (so anyone in Cairns looking for a bargain!?). I'm keen to do a run around Proserpine if you know the deadly loops! Just need to get the tow ball on the car!
Old 04-19-2012, 05:18 AM

I might actually be able to sort a proserpine weekend as a few of my workmates go there every now and again!! I will ask a few blokes and see what comes of it. Otherwise just send ur bike to coffs harbour and you fly down, You will cream with the riding there!!!
Old 04-19-2012, 05:19 AM

Oh dear sorry for the thread hijack
Old 04-19-2012, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator

Good call.. Talk to you about it later elsewhere.. Resuming thread action..

Tell me more about these 2012 models. Pro's and Con's. Do you notice any significant difference in the rear end with the newer linkage? How are the forks settling in Nato?
Old 04-19-2012, 06:33 AM

I have found that in the situation of "Holy crap im going to fast for this tree root that just popped up" it is very forgiving in the rear end, The front is much better on the hard hits imo but in the usual soft to mid feel its the same or simillar to the sachs. A big plus for me is the extra height being 6ft 1inch, The seat is a different shape to the "old" bikes but i find that a huge plus as when im in singles i can really throw myself all over the place with little effort which i find is a plus, But the only downside is it is a little tendering on the ass but worth it. It makes you very confident on any hill i have had a go at but in saying that my '10 was an awesome climber too so they are keeping up the gasgas standard I love the spark start and to say the least the sound it makes gives the other riders a scare haha its like an air starter on a truck!! The magura clutch is a ripper i have not heard and screams from it and it feels lighter than my '10. Oh and i also remember in the fast rocky stuff my '10 felt like i needed a steering dampner and this new 12 smashes it like butter so the forks are a lot different i guess The list of plusses are huge but with all ups have have a down and mine are very minor and dont really bother me but just are the only things i can pick, I preffered the rear indicators up high instead of under the plate, I preffered the uuhhhhmmmmmmmmm thats it that i can think of right now
Old 04-19-2012, 07:28 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
I mean no bike is Rainbows and Pony's.
Roscoe
i dunno what bike you're riding, but mine is rainbows, ponys, and much more

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 04-19-2012, 08:09 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainlesscycle View Post
i dunno what bike you're riding, but mine is rainbows, ponys, and much more
Ha Ha I knew that was coming!

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 04-19-2012, 08:23 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

They are gold, I am currently away from mine working and miss it as much as my family.
I am in the jetting process and yet to sort the suspension , but it is still amazing.
Every new bike has its dilemmas.
I just hope they sort out the frame probs with the airbox and help us out with a real fix once they have it sorted.
Being a gg I am sure they will look after us.
Awesome bike and great in every way.
Cheers Mark
2008 280 Raga replica
2012 Gas gas ec 300 E