Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
How about giving GasGas U.S. a call. I'll bet someone can answer your question.
I am waiting to see a xc 300 in person for future puerchase.
Clay IS GasGas US....He is probably reading this now....No one is bashing Clay. Everyone here knows its not his fault. I'm sure he is irritated with the situation more than anyone here. I just hate to see a guy who loves the sport, lives the sport and depends on the sport to get the stinky end of the stick.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:18 PM

Default Gasgas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukwheat View Post
Clay IS GasGas US....He is probably reading this now....No one is bashing Clay. Everyone here knows its not his fault. I'm sure he is irritated with the situation more than anyone here. I just hate to see a guy who loves the sport, lives the sport and depends on the sport to get the stinky end of the stick.
+1 on that. I wasn't bashing anyone........
Old 05-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby T View Post
Clay
How are you going to distribute the 12 250 estarts coming to USA?
I am in Hawaii and I am waiting for my bike. Please tell me it will be here soon.
My distributor is dying here, he could sell bikes if they were here. I really hate to say this but maybe GG should hire one of the higher ups with the pumpkin company to straighten out this mess.
Jeez! Will you guys get off my back??? Just kidding.
I did not take this as bashing me and I'm prolly more frustrated with this than you guys are. My paycheck depends on us getting those bike. Let me see if I can answer all of these:
When bikes are this late, the problem kind of takes care of itself. Dealers cancel bikes when bikes are late. We originally had about fifty 250 E's order but that's down to about 25. Some of those are multiple orders by one dealer so that means now a dealer will only get one. If there are still too few, we will call each dealer and find out who has a deposit on a sold bike. Those will take priority over dealers who wanted to stock one. By the way Bobby...the dealer in HI has not ordered a 2012 of any kind. I can't send a bike to a dealer who has not ordered one.

I am told that we will have 2013 models in September.
You guys are welcome to call me: 615 347 6519. If you call after 5 CST I may have already had a beer or two but you can still call!
I honestly believe now that the delays are not Gas Gas' fault but the fault of some key vendors like Kehin.
Did I get it all?
Bukwheat.... I try not to grab the stinky end of the stick but sometimes it's unavoidable!
Believe it or not, there was a two day national holiday in Spain Monday and Tuesday of this week!

Last edited by Clay; 05-02-2012 at 03:56 PM. Reason: added info to the post
Old 05-02-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
+1 on that. I wasn't bashing anyone........
Sorry, Muddy, didn't mean to insinuate you were bashing anybody. I was addressing BobbyT's quote....
Quote:
This thread was not meant to bash Clay,
I really don't think any of us on here would be so foolish as to bash the man who has had the foresight and perserverence to bring us a great alternative to the run of the mill orange unit that every Tom, Dick and Harry has.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:05 PM

I'll say it again. The 2012's are worth the wait.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:21 PM

When Clay stated in another thread that he can't even get a sale rep or an R&D guy from the factory to visit what is the largest market for offroad motorcycles in the world, well that speaks volumes about how serious they take us, USA/Canada, over here. That's just a poor business model right there. The 13's need to be here, on dealers floors by mid August, to compete with KTM,not on a boat somewhere or still being assembled or redesigned. I don't doubt that this could be a make or break year coming up for GasGas US .

Clay, you gotta do something about these small fuel tanks from the factory.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumperrider1 View Post
I'll say it again. The 2012's are worth the wait.
Not when you've sold your bike last Nov/Dec expecting to have a new 12' GasGas by March.......... of this year. Some people want to ride/race theirs this spring.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe this will settle you guys down some........2013?

Old 05-02-2012, 06:49 PM

Thanks Clay
Ill talk to the dealer.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC View Post
Not when you've sold your bike last Nov/Dec expecting to have a new 12' GasGas by March.......... of this year. Some people want to ride/race theirs this spring.
I fully understand. I had a 250 on order and ended up getting a 300 because I'm impatient. Just saying that the 2012's are a big improvement over the last models.