Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 08-16-2015, 03:46 PM

Default CDI check

Guys, I seem to be having some issues with my '10 EC 250. When the throttle hits about 1/4 turn the bike feels like it is being starved gas. I am not sure if it is a carb issue or if it is with the ignition. Everything else works fine, she kicks over quick, idles well, the plug is clean, it isn't leaking anywhere, the airbox is intact and clean. The bike has been running well, so i'm thinking it may be in the ignition. Any ideas on how to confirm and check, then repair if that's the case. Again, any and all help is greatly appreciated.

dalbertog

Old 08-19-2015, 12:17 PM

This is hard to diagnose so here would be my checklist:

-Check carb. Easy. Clean out debris. Make sure nothing is loose. Double check float height.
-Visually and physically inspect all electrical connections. Unplug and replug. Including the spark plug cap.
-Does it go away when bike is hot?

I guess then I'd start wanting to check the CDI, and I don't really know how to do that without swapping in a new one.