Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default 2011 axp skidplate mounts

I purchased an AXP skidplate off of e-bay and it said new in package. Well I got it today and there are only 2 mounts-small aluminum L-brackets. It also had 2 other 8mm bolts. No idea if those bolts are correct,and I can't see the skidplate only being held on with those 2 L-brackets.

I am really disappointed because I needed this for the Desert event I am leaving for tomorrow. I would have bought from a different source if I knew I was going to have to race without a skidplate because I didn't get all the correct mounts.

I have seen the person I got the plate from on the forum,so I will keep it quiet until I hear from him. Does anybody have pics, or a good description?

Thanks

Looking at the e-bay ad- I did get exactly what was in the picture, but since I never had a skidplate on my bike I didn't know it was not all there. Or maybe it is all there and I am overlooking something

Last edited by adv rider; 04-05-2013 at 01:06 AM. Reason: e-bay info

Old 04-05-2013, 12:48 AM

Does it have a hook at the back portion of the plate?

From the pictures of their other plates, it looks like they hang at the rear and are bolted in place at the front.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:53 AM

Default axp mounts

It does have the aluminum hook at the rear, It was already bolted up. And in a little bag was 2- 8mm x 30mm hex bolts, and 1 L-bracket w/ bolt just like the rear hook.

I don't have anywhere for the 8mm bolts, and just using the rear hook, and the other bracket makes it not solidly mounted. There must be other brackets or something that is missing- I assume
Old 04-05-2013, 01:14 AM

I had read that the 11s came with a skid plate which bolted to a spar welded onto the frame?
If yours had that spar, is there any way to use that to mount the plate?
Old 04-05-2013, 01:23 AM

Default axp skidplate

I believe the race models came with out- that is mine. the other models came with a skidplate. Looking at the GG website, there is no skidplate on the race model. But other models have one.
I just bought it as new leftover, if it was supposed to come with one I will contact them. As far a frame spar, not sure. There is 1 tab under engine that could be used I suppose, but no other mount tabs on frame
Old 04-05-2013, 07:55 PM

I sold the one that came with my Cervantes (in the unopened package)and the buyer informed me it was incomplete.sent the little cover with bracket that came on the bike and that seemed to be what was needed.kind of looks like a boat cleat made out of plastic
Old 04-07-2013, 08:55 PM

Default axp skid plate

Update: The seller contacted me and said he forgot the front mount bracket as,lately working on newer model which don't have a separate bracket. Honest mistake, hopefully the bracket is still around so it can be sent to me.
Otherwise it would be easy enough to make something, I just wasn't expecting to need any parts initially.

I got the needed bracket, and a spare. Parts were sent quickly and without question-good transaction, I would buy again

Last edited by adv rider; 04-13-2013 at 09:04 AM.