Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2009, 11:08 PM

Question 2004 450 FSE Hot Starting Issues-

Just purchased a used 450 FSE with Olins suspension. I am an avid trials rider in Southern California. The bike has approx. 1,100 miles on it. So far when it runs it has been a good bike. It handles better than my old KTM 525. I have ridden it about 150 miles mostly back and forth to work. Once in a while when I try to start the bike after it has been sitting for a few minutes and it is still hot it wont start. It sounds like it is trying but, just blurps as I hit the magic button. I heard the EFI for the 2004 model had issues starting when hot. If I kick it manualy it will fire up after a few tries but, will not using the magic button. It will just where down the battery. I hear the bikes use the same EFI as Ducati. I have a local Ducati dealer that might be able to help. Is there anyone in Southern Cal. that can help me out? Do I need to have the EFI trimmed. I heard the bikes run fat. The fuel milege isn't the greatest.
I live in San Diego. Please tell me I did not make a mistake going to Gas Gas.