Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Riding Techniques & Training

Riding Techniques & Training Increase Riding Skill, Physical and Mental Training, Weight Loss.

Old 10-20-2015, 03:42 PM

Default With much regret......

With much regret, I need to hit the gym or something......

Just got riding gear in the mail, well.......It's not pretty

So time for the calorie counting, hill climbing and hiking. I still am refusing to hit the gym! I have trees I can cut down and logs that need to be moved for that stuff.

Last edited by 12Bravo; 10-20-2015 at 04:36 PM.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:00 PM

I feel your pain. New riding gear is depressing. Their sizing is actual measurements so I always wear at least one size larger than regular pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2015, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
I feel your pain. New riding gear is depressing. Their sizing is actual measurements so I always wear at least one size larger than regular pants.

Speaking of pants,

How are they suppose to fit? Meaning, low in the hips? Snug in the gentleman area?

These are snug in the gentleman low on the hips, but the waist fits. Thighs are not to tight. I like that there is material that stretches when I move, so it doesn't feel to bad. But in the groin area, it's like wearing biking shorts when I rode a cycle, is this normal?

The knee/shin guards I got are to tight. My calves are large, so the strap doesn't fit without pulling really tight!

The pressure suit I got, Bwhahahahaha, right.....we can leave that alone!

Jersey fits and feels nice, plenty of air flow and cool. Pants, seem to be hot!
Old 10-20-2015, 06:09 PM

I wear Oneal and they fit much like a good pair of jeans. Not low and not snug in the crotch

Old 10-20-2015, 07:18 PM

I think I am just going to bite the bullet and join Planet Fitness!
Old 10-20-2015, 11:21 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

For a relatively pain-free way of loosing weight Google Banting or realmealrevolution. Been on it a couple of months now and feel great and dropped a few inches on the waist

Supposed to hit the gym as well ... Maybe tomorrow
Old 10-21-2015, 12:26 AM
Super Moderator

Like all clothing, different brands fit differently.

Biggest issues I have always revolve around the knee. Need enough clearance and fit for the braces, and enough re-enforcement to last a while. I've stretched my current set 10 months, and there aren't really any knees left in them.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:59 AM

I've had success with Klim gear, although the leather in the knees seems weaker than the rest of the pant. Quality stitching, lots of ventilation, adjustable waist, reasonably sized knees (I wear CTi braces).

Their new stuff is a little foofy in the color department, but the Dakar and Mojave lines are decent.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 10-21-2015, 07:04 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I've had success with Klim gear, although the leather in the knees seems weaker than the rest of the pant. Quality stitching, lots of ventilation, adjustable waist, reasonably sized knees (I wear CTi braces).

Their new stuff is a little foofy in the color department, but the Dakar and Mojave lines are decent.
I agree. Will never buy any other brand. They last ages - which is good because they so pricey I need time to save for the next pair! Klim have never had flash colors which is why you don't see them on the mc tracks

I use dubbin or nikwax on the leather, I think the detergent dries out the leather and makes it tear easily
Old 12-31-2015, 12:42 PM

I am still wearing my moose. Snug in waist but a little room down below. Just regular knee guards that fit in my boots under my pants.
Have regular and the sahara outfit that is old. Except for the thorns and crashes they have held together nicely.