Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 06-03-2009, 12:32 PM

Default Another 450 with stalling problems

I have a 03 that starts great and runs great until the engine gets up to a normal operating temperature. That's when the problems start. I will then only idle for a short while then it dies. Comming down from higher rpms it will die, like when you a comming to a stop. Still runs good at higher speeds though. Always fires right back up when I hit the magic button but I'll have to keep the revs up to keep it from stalling out. It seems like it's starving for gas once it get warmed up at the lower rpms! This problem seems to be getting worst as time goes on. I pull the plug and the color looks as it should
The bike has a new starter relay, new battery. The connections to everything looks good and tight and clean.
What's puzzeling it really runs great until it's warmed up and starting has never been much of an issue with this bike.
Any suggestions on what else look for would be appreciated.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:06 PM

A typical problem on a warm engine is the isulation on the igntion coil breaking down
not a guarantee but worth a look
Old 06-05-2009, 01:38 AM

I think you have to get the Fi setup before you can start looking for problems. It could simply be that the trim or idle speed is wrong. Once that is known to be correct you can start looking for a fault.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:37 AM

Default update

I checked the valves that per the 02-03 manual that state: .15 intake and .25 exhaust. I found both exhaust valves very loose, one intake good and the other very tight. I bought shims today at the local suzuki dealer and should have reassembled tonight.
I hope that's the problem. I'm not sure if they have ever been checked since I bought the bike used and the real miles on it is questionable. The original speedo is long gone and it has a endurance on it.