Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 05-23-2019, 10:45 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

It sounds like you are pretty well set.

Old 05-24-2019, 01:40 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

If they weren't so damn expensive esp converted to Pacific Pesos (NZ dollars) however I bought a very cheap 17 carb to replace my worn out 07. I am so happy with the RM needle.

The block would have helped here (Old carb) even it was as good as new let alone an improvement. I'd like to try the Stic but it's so cool now.

Maybe if I came I to some spare dollars needing a home. I could think of it as my contribution to making America grate again.
'22 765 Street Triple RS
'21 XTrainer
'69 Stinger T125 Suzuki
'23 TRS 250RR (it's a Trials thing)
Old 09-22-2019, 02:51 PM

What main and pilot jet size you end up
using on your 300 when you fitted stic ?
Old 09-26-2019, 07:19 PM

I am running a 192 main and the Suzuki 13383-37FJ0 NEDG needle. I think the pilot is a 50 or 52
Old 09-27-2019, 04:53 AM

Did you have a lean spot at around 1/3 to 1/2 throttle ? I have dropped clip to bottom position nearly got rid of it but not quite , have tried various needles but still end with pinking
Old 09-27-2019, 07:59 AM

Where do you have your air screw set? These work best with the screw set about 2.5 to 3 turns out. Make sure your float height is set correctly because that will change the overall jetting.

I would increase the pilot and main jet sizes. The designer of the STIC, George Boswell, told me that many KTM rider have are having good luck using larger main jets in the 195 to 200 range. I was told that the main jet overlap into the pilot jet throttle range (more than the stock Keihin) because it reduces the required draw and makes it easier for the carb to pull fuel at lower rpms. George said while it sounds odd, they run fine on top without being overly rich.

Our 125 had a similar problem being lean 1/4 to 1/3 throttle range. It was using the NEDJ needle (provided with the kit) raised to the top and I was able to correct the lean spot with a larger main jet and pilot jet. Ultimately I will probably use the NEDG needle in the 125 like I am using in my 327.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:41 PM

Newsletter #421

STIC designed it, miracle, stamp it.

? 1 The STIC inventor invented a new way to apply portions of the centrifuge process to separate the heavier hotter factions (parts) of the fuel from the lighter colder factions, (endothermic process) thus, leaving the colder factions behind in the central flow. It is important to note that the STIC process causes the central flow to have direction due to the STIC?s differential pressure drop; those details of directional flow will be provided later in this disclosure.

? 2 The STIC inventor then routed portions of the central flow?s outer peripheral into a separate chamber (outer connective cavity) to be processed by cooling and vaporizing these mixtures. These outer cavity flows, and forces are then thoroughly mixed (entrained) with the oxidizer (in this case ambient oxygen and nitrogen); this mixture is then subjected to a series of adiabatic expansion entrainment passages that now re-enters the central flows outer peripheral. These outer chamber flows and forces are vectored in the direction the central flows direction. Due to the central flows evacuation process within the central tube as it exits toward the main air flow; this effectively creates an evacuation void (vacuum) within the tube. As the central flow is continuous, this also creates a shearing vacuum at the points that connects the outer cavity with the central flow?s inner cavity. These connective adiabatic expansion passages progressively cool, mix, vaporize, and entrain the oxidizer (gas) with the hydrocarbon fuel (oil or other medium).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_y2FvH2DHE

In the case of the Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) that is normally aspirated, the direction of flow is created by the engine?s piston displacement (suction of the piston down stroke, aka low-pressure), this directional flow may be created by gravity or pressure (or the prevailing atmospheric pressure) applied to the liquid surface flowing toward its intended direction.

The normal process of atmospheric pressure acting (higher pressure being applied) to the fuel surface area in the holding chamber (aka the float bowl) causes the fuel to flow toward the main air stream into the engine. The rate of flow toward the engine depends on a lower pressure created by the engine?s piston displacement during the intake stroke. In addition to the low pressure created by piston displacement, directional airspeed also plays a significant role in shearing pressure drops across the fuel outlets. Sounds pretty simple, however, the Internal Combustion Engine has other inherent (in-built) gremlins (glitches, problems) in the induction process that prevents this ideal scenario from happening as planned, thus, the differential pressure drop in a standard carburetor is mediocre (middle-of-the-road) at best.

Thorough detailed research by learned professors at State-of-the-art Universities, with scientist, engineers, and engine enthusiast over the last 100-years have discovered and revealed that the Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) during cranking, starting, and running, is subjected to numerous mysterious fluctuating dynamics that make the ideal combustion, intake, and exhaust calculations somewhat incalculable (unpredictable). In fact, it has been well-established through continuous processes; that it requires a series of trial and errors to discover what will work under certain conditions. This is substantiated by the fact that today?s engines consists of a multitude of engine sensors that measure every conceivable engine condition, and very sophisticated computers and injectors to make the engines perform as well as they do. When they could not figure out how to time the injectors to enter the combustion chamber in 60,000ths of a second, they resorted to sequential injection. When that did not work as well as they had planned, they resorted to turbo/super charging to overcome the ever-fluctuating intake dynamics.

There you have it, what a dilemma facing one that designs fuel systems without the aid of sensors, electronics, catalytic converters, etc. Well, STIC did it. The STIC uniquely creates several things to in fact react to the various engine conditions. Through the many STIC features such as the ?Auto Sensing,? ?Auto Selection,? and ?Auto Acceleration? the STIC automatically reacts to the inherent conditions whether it is a two stroke of four stroke. STIC?s SSST (STIC Solid State Technology) calibrates in real time, it reacts to input. for dyno reports email at vortex@sticfuel.us or call 715-479-STIC (7842). Go Figure, eh! Cheers

http://www.sticsupertorque.com/
Old 04-09-2021, 08:10 PM

Newsletter #430

The STIC is an evaporative system that causes a high degree of vaporous air fuel mixture production, however, the STIC is no ordinary concept, it is a brand-new invention, a new technology. See patent number: US 10, 378, 484 B2:

? 1 The STIC enhanced the evaporative process by increasing the internal kinetic energy, exposing the air fuel mixtures to adiabatic vacuums.

? 2 The STIC is totally new; it increases the surface area of the air/fuel mixture by an enormousness amount, increasing the internal kinetic energy within the mixture, thus, bringing the molecules closer to the surface area to improve their vaporization. This is in addition to subjecting the mixtures to a series of progressive adiabatic expansion pressure drops, entrainment of the oxidizer into the fuel and subjecting the mixtures to step-by-step vacuums, and the escalation of the flow rate by making the air fuel vaporous mixture lighter and faster.

https://courses.lumenlearning.com/bo...phase-changes/

Evaporation: ?? Evaporation is a phase transition from the liquid phase to the gas phase that occurs at temperatures below the boiling point at a given pressure. For molecules of a liquid to evaporate, they must be located near the surface; moving in the proper direction and have sufficient kinetic energy to overcome liquid-phase intermolecular forces?.?

? 3 See the description in the STIC issued patent; in how the STIC increase the vaporization by increasing the kinetic energy within the mixture by multiplying the surface area of the air/fuel mixture.

See patent number: US 10, 378, 484 B2:

Section 15: ?? The BNG Concept Causes a Violent Discharge of the Control Circuit(s). The NEW STIC BNG concept causes an explosive discharge of the designed BNG circuit/s and their contents; to violently move into their targeted destination; of which could include other circuits as well as the main air flow. In order to move a product and/or mixture (in this case various mixtures and combinations therein into a targeted circuit by differential pressure; one must consider the density and viscosity of the mass as well as the volume; the amount of mass to be moved.

A critical consideration in causing circuit discharge; is the comparative surface area of the communicating circuits. The diameter of the orifice (the tube) that the mix/mass is accelerating from; when trying to move it (in this case; fuel, air/fuel, vapor/pressure, and combinations therein); to its targeted destination; determines how fast the discharge is. 10 noted that the rotation flow here is depicted as clockwise, but by orienting the tangential vector passages to be tangential in the opposite manner, counterclockwise rotational flow can be achieved.

It should be noted that pressure exertion on the surface of a fuel well/circuit (in this case pounds per square inch, (psi)) is determined by the air/fuel surface area. Another factor in considering air/fuel (and its related components); movement, is the pressure drop (in this case the carburetor fuel circuit outlet) that it is exposed to a directional flow causing a pressure drop at the outlet of the communicating discharge circuit; it must be less than the pressure acting on the (cavity/passage) float bowl (in this case fuel bowl). The issue of transit time of pressure (in this case atmospheric pressure) through a liquid/verses air; is a fact that is well known by those familiar with the art of fuel system design. See Woody, U.S. Pat. No. 5,133,905; page: 9: "Although the transit time of a pressure wave in air and liquid is 35 different .... " In summation, the NEW STIC BNG needle jet concept makes vaporization, emulsification and circuit control movement more effective and predictable.

The NEW STIC BNG needle jet design overcomes the issues of poor vaporization, poor circuit activation, and poor mixture control. The STIC-BNG needle jet may stand alone in various stages of modification as a retrofit into all existing carburetion and injection and/or it can optionally be made into an ultimate structure; designed into a metering block; and/or incorporated into a new carburetor and/or fuel injection structure. ??

? 4 Go figure, eh! Cheers
Old 04-18-2021, 05:53 PM

OK

Recent background testing of the STIC Technology with the new STIC boost with and without the reed system.

Here are some preliminary pictures of the engine we tested at Husqvarna, Austria and Sweden with the new STIC boost system (no reeds). Zero Carbon Monoxide from 5,000 rpms to 11,000 rpms, 30% increase in HP. The STIC Boost system utilizes all of the residual pressures to effectively super charge the engine. This will be released this year 2021.

During 1985, the STIC system did not exist. However, Charles Fayette Taylor?s book: titled ?The Internal Combustion Engine in Theory and Practice? ― section: Carburetor Design and Emission control for Spark-Ignition Engines, recognizes and describes the missing carburetor link in single jet carburetors, [12]. Charles Fayette Taylor?s states: ??...The fuel-air ratio should vary as a function of the load under normal steady-running conditions. For the usual type of spark-ignition engine operating under given atmospheric conditions, the load is determined by particular values of any two of the following variables: 1) torque output, 2) speed, 3) throttle position, 4) of air flow, and 5) pressure in inlet manifold.? It is evident that the fuel-air ratio required is a unique function of air flow only at a given speed. The steady-state signal analysis varies drastically from dynamic signal analysis, especially for non-linear systems, [5]. Thus, except in constant-speed applications, an additional control, sensitive to at least one of the variables listed, must be provided if air flow is to be used as one controlling element?...? Figure 2. Example of a carburetor installation that has been modified with the STIC system.

This is precisely what the New STIC Metering Block system accomplishes, it reacts to the following, ".... 1): torque output, 2): speed, 3): throttle position, 4): of air flow, and 5): pressure in inlet manifold.? Hang on, part of it is already here in the STIC metering Block; the rest is about to arrive!

The Key to understanding new STIC discoveries.

Design Techniques for Engine Manifolds written by DE Winterbone and RJ Pearson under the heading: Future Development and Closing Remarks, address the need for the introduction of more complex gas laws, [14]. ??The application of multi-dimensional simulation techniques to unsteady flow and the simulation of transient performance of engines using wave action methods. Within section 7.1.1 General gas properties; they state the following: ?It was stated in some detail in Chapter 2 that the analytical methods for calculating unsteady flow have been restricted to perfect gases, viz. gases that obey the perfect gas law. The effect of this assumption is that changes in the properties can only be approximated by modifying the value of the ratio of specific heats, k. This approach has been used for many years in simulations based on the Method of Characteristics, where it was common to use different values of K in the inlet and exhaust manifolds. While this allows for the effect of different gas properties and temperatures on the speed of sound, it does not correctly model the manner by which energy is contained in the gas.? ?However, it is apparent that the different conditions will produce phasing changes in the waves in an engine, particularly those in the exhaust system. The effect of this will be to change the tuning speed of the waves in the pipes and this will affect the volumetric efficiency curve.?

Typical Results using the STIC technology Utilizing our natural resources and minimize waste is essential. Hence, a new approach to fuel injection and/or carburetor modification has been developed. This will enable an almost 100% burn of the fuel, [14]. This will lead to: (1): Increased horsepower and torque ? Hugely decreased emissions. 2): Decreased fuel consumption. (3): Lowering the exhaust temperature. (4): Lowering vibration levels. (5): Increased durability and life expectance of the engine. (6): Green and Sustainable concept! (7): Increased horsepower and torque since the fuel will be vaporized with better distribution, entrained with the oxygen, for a more total burn.

The STIC Metering block when applied to a stock engine will change the effective horsepower and torque since more of the energy within the fuel will be utilized. The empiric research data results presented, have been accomplished by certified independent external laboratories throughout the world.

This is evidenced in the following videos with the STIC installed into a stock YZ125X. Cheers

Dirt N Iron 2020 YZ 125 MX Track with STIC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9eNzk-5yq8&t=314s

Dirt N Iron 2020 YZ125 Trail with STIC (same Jetting as MX)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-0b57Lxyck&t=620s
Old 04-19-2021, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
I have a $800 smart carb sitting in a box in my shed.. I like the concept of the STIC a lot more than SC/Lectron.. however for my area I don't really need temp/elevation correction. My jetting is pretty stable; I can ride year round with no changes required. I think the head setup helps a lot with that too.

We will trade you heads up for a new Keihin A/S with the STIC Metering Block. STIC Headquarter
s