Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:08 PM

Question Kick starter?

I have a new kick starter pedal base, new spring, and little ball.

My question is were does the little ball and spring go? I tried to get it down where the bolt threads in but no dice. Any help would be great.

Lifes journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting holy cow what a ride !!!!

Old 09-08-2008, 09:45 PM

That's the detent for a fully closed (folded) kick start lever. Look in the splined base which you ordered (female) which fits on the kick lever shaft (which is also splined,but male) there is the hole where the actual kick start lever fits. This in the same plane as the little indent in the lever it self. Put in the spring, Then the ball on top, press the ball down with a small screwdriver or whatever from one end as sliding the lever in from the other. Once the lever end has started over the ball just push in all the way and turn to engage the lever a couple of times to make sure the detent works. Then slide the unit on as you would any kick start lever.
I did this in the field yesterday, so its not difficult. I used an allen wrench to push the ball down. Took maybe a minute.
Hope I did not over explain, its pretty obvious if you look at it enough.
Good luck.

i am asshat
Old 09-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 strokes 4 life View Post
I have a new kick starter pedal base, new spring, and little ball.

My question is were does the little ball and spring go? I tried to get it down where the bolt threads in but no dice. Any help would be great.
The clevis of the kickstarter (the smooth looking part sticking up that the lever slide down on to) has a small hole in the side of it.
Slip the spring into the hole, and then the ball. (I do this while holding the kickstarter clevis in a vise.)
Hold the ball in place with a small thin tool, as you slide the kickstart lever down onto the clevis.
This spring and ball holds the kickstarter in position, after you turn the lever back in towards the bike after starting.

One more thing, the two kickstarter bolts are the only places that I use red loctite on threads on the bikes.

Good Wrenching to You!
'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/