Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > All Other Bikes...

All Other Bikes... KTM, Husky, VOR, Husaberg & Hondayamazuki...

Old 11-12-2012, 09:20 PM

Angry HUSKY it short life!

The short life of this bike started just a little over 26 hrs. The happiness and joy of what is suppose to be a new bike. All Rag's had nothing bad to say so the deed was done and the bike is home.

Round 1 no power have to scream the guts out of it, this makes 125 feel like a well tuned 450 and differently not this Husky. So into the forums we go, 12 port injector (Kawasaki), done, JD tuner, done its a bit better. Back to the dealer for a reprogram, remove the JD as per Dealer. Seems to run fine, but how can one tell riding in a circle! So what is 3hrs round trip we all do this every day after spending our money on the latest and greatest (Husky). Well 4 more round trips and the JD is now hooked up by the Dealer so we can have some adjustments with the OMG EFI greatness! This bike reminds me of an XR250 Honda now. Well under 10 hrs so far what a gutless piece. TK goodness for EFI!

Round 2 now the bike starts and will die (POS) with any gas given to it. Back to the dealer(Town and Country) with this POS. What is wrong I say the fuel pump is gone no problem. They put a new one on, no cost to me. Was told that they have done many seems to be an issue for HUSKY! Well the bike is back and is still not running great, it flames out as it going down the trail, I think it just want to kill me.

Round 3 I get ahold of Husky USA, (WADE LPOS remember this I know his real name too) tell all this to him. You need to get the UP GRADE KIT (module/12port) not a fix for this POS but an UPGRADE! But seeing that I had all of these issues, HUSKY will take care of this for you. Here the good one, dont take it to your dealer you got it from but take it to an other one (Toy Tech only 5 hrs round trip away) they are better equip for this. So sure I take the ride. 3 weeks later an almost $400 later LPOS WADE (have it recorded too) never told this dealer anything about it being covered. So I am out this and time and gas getting the up grade done, but the bike is home again.

Round 4 the temp changed and issues returned, called the new dealer the 5 hrs round trip one (also a great help) the bike is popping and spitting, heres the kicker after the UPGRADE he said to put the JD back on WHAT!!!! So I do, the setting are a bit lean. Once the JD is on he gives me some setting to try and wow the bike is running great. Finally, this lasted for 2 rides.

Round 5 Its Now Very Hard Starting does matter if its cold or hot cant get to start. Even with ether also changed the plug, now it not running AGAIN, what dealer should I call or does any one have any Ideas. This is just getting too old for me. HELP!!!!!!

03 H-D Nightrain
www.newoodsriders.com
You Can't Out Run Death Forever
But You Can Make the BASTARD Work For It!
Enjoy Life, Have Fun and Play Hard

Last edited by jaysktms; 11-13-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Mad venting

Old 11-12-2012, 09:25 PM

Try a match in the tank
Old 11-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

That's my experience, they are great pushbikes, best viewed from the comfort of another brand motorcycle.

Current. 2015 ec300r estart, 98 RM 125

2013 Ec300r 2011 Ec300e 2009 Husky TE310
1982 XR500 Honda 1981 KE100 Kawasaki
1978 GT80 Yamaha
Old 11-12-2012, 09:54 PM

Hopefully your communication with the dealer was a little less confusing than reading your post. What bike? What dealer? Do you have any mechanical ability or do you depend on the dealer for everything?

I've had great luck with Husky, sorry things are not going well for you.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnttimber View Post
Hopefully your communication with the dealer was a little less confusing than reading your post. What bike? What dealer? Do you have any mechanical ability or do you depend on the dealer for everything?

I've had great luck with Husky, sorry things are not going well for you.
Glad you said it. I have read this OP 3x and am still not 100% sure what you are talking about?

What model of Husky do you have? TE250? My guess is that you need an 02 sensor. They go bad in those Huskys fairly regularly and make the bike run really bad.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:58 PM

The right way for a husky to go

No, seriously, I also think it sounds like your sensor is broke, we had many of those fail.

Faster, Faster!!
Until the Thrill of Speed, Overcomes the Fear of Death..
Team YamaGas Racing.
http://bricksite.com/teamyamagasracing
Old 11-13-2012, 06:43 AM

I figured out the problem two lines in.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Site Sponsor

I guess I am a little confused as well. I am assuming on round 1 that you meant that it is a 450 that runs like a 125.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosco View Post
I guess I am a little confused as well. I am assuming on round 1 that you meant that it is a 450 that runs like a 125.
Half the power of a 125 maybe?

Kind of like the problems they used to give in math class. X is to 250 what 125 is to 450 ...

Using that logic his 250 runs like a ragged out '78 RM80 with a stuck ring.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 11-13-2012, 07:09 PM

Guys, the bike is a 2011 TXC 250, dont know what happen, it was listed in the title and now it gone.
03 H-D Nightrain
www.newoodsriders.com
You Can't Out Run Death Forever
But You Can Make the BASTARD Work For It!
Enjoy Life, Have Fun and Play Hard