Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 06-11-2013, 08:47 PM

Default Need Suspension Advice

I'm about to pick up my first gasser next week and need a little advice from some suspension guru's. It's a 2011 ec 300 with the suspension set up for a 170 lb. B-rider I think. I'm a 250 .lb C-rider. Mostly single track eastern woods riding with a few scrambles thrown in every year. Coming off an 05 300 exc. I will respring it soon but in the mean time I was wondering where I should start out with the clickers front and rear/preload till I can get new springs and a revalve? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by ggrider94; 07-11-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrider94 View Post
I'm about to pick up my first gasser next week and need a little advice from some suspension guru's. It's a 2011 ec 300 with the suspension set up for a 170 lb. B-rider I think. I'm a 250 .lb C-rider. Mostly single track eastern woods riding with a few scrambles thrown in every year. Coming off an 05 300 exc. I will respring it soon but in the mean time I was wondering where I should start out with the clickers front and rear/preload till I can get new springs and a revalve? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Springs first. You won't be able to do anything meaningful with the clickers based on the 80 pound difference.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 06-11-2013, 09:51 PM

Thanks twowheels....so don't mess with the clickers and very light riding till I can get my hands on the right springs?
Old 06-11-2013, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator

You can ride it as is, but you'll find it really undersprung and it probably won't inspire confidence as it bottoms and wallows. Once you get the correct weight springs then worry about the clickers. I usually like to start in the middle of the range and then add/remove rebound to add control, then go to compression to get the plushness or bottoming resistance. Then back to rebound for some fine tuning if required. Then onto balance front to rear and ride height (forks through triples, race sag). If you find yourself unable to dial enough or the clickers end up maxed at either end of the spectrum consider a revalve. Same goes if you have harshness you can't sort out with the clickers.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:16 PM

As Steve says, you won't do much without springs. If you feel you need the suspension re-worked after you put the springs on, send them to Steve at Two wheels. He'll fix 'em up real nice.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:34 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone. I was planning on riding it some before I set the suspension up for me but now think I will definitely be better served to go ahead and get it done. So, I am picking it up next Friday and its going straight to pro-motion for the work. It will be hard but I guess I can wait a few more days before I ride it. Thanks again.