Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Injury & Recovery

Injury & Recovery Injuries, Health Issues, Vision & Body Repair

Old 05-31-2008, 04:38 AM

Thanks Brian,,
Going ok,, the wife started going to a chiro, and We are both doing PT 3 days a week for 2 hrs a shot. I'm starting to do some more core excersises and doing some weight machines.. They are still saying best is to stay off the bike till late fall.. they don't even want me on my riding tractor..
Glenn,, One of these weekends I'll head over to visit.. been nuts here,, even with the "time off" running to this Dr, to that then to the Lawyer,, always fun!

Old 05-31-2008, 06:46 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I'm glad to hear that you all are healing up.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:18 AM

I had some brutal neck/shoulder muscle spasms/pain the night after my last follow-up visit. Came on slow for no reason. Took 3 Percosets and I could not even stand up I was so stoned but still felt it. Next day went away just like it came. Doc was not in but nurse said can happen during healing as the muscle was partially cut to attach the plate. Today I'm almost back to where I was Thurs AM, full range just sore like the day after a tough enduro. I'll start first stage PT this week. Hope to be on a new Ducati early July, GasGas in the fall. As soon as I can lift the bike off the stand I'll do the top end and head, so its fresh when I'm ready.

Steve,

Glad to hear you guys are comming along well. I have some tires for you when you get here.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:35 AM

I got Holly driving last night! She drove my drunk but home from the DS rally in town.. Soon she will be back to driving without flinching! We will try to visit soon!!
Old 07-09-2008, 08:00 AM

Bad news. I need anothger surgery to have the plate removed in a few weeks to control the infection. This is very early for a plate removal, plus there will be seven holes to fill in. Basically I'm done for the year. Glad I got the Hyper at least I can have some fun on a bike.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Sorry to hear that news Glenn. Good luck with that infection and enjoy that Hyper in the meantime.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:26 AM

Bummer to hear Glenn. The woods shall wait for your return sir.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:59 PM

Glenn,,
That blows man!! you will get to keep the hardware wont you.. make a nice conversation piece.. Is it the brace that is causing the infection?? I just had an injection in my knuckle yesterday.. went in with the aid of a x-ray thing that would take instant pics every time the Doc pressed a button.. It was ok till he had to pull the finger out to get the needle in the joint farther.. I heard it pop and hasn't felt like its all back yet.. I cant do anything with my right hand right now.. said the swelling should be gone by Sat or Sun.. I might get the ok to ride a mild street bike by this time in Aug,, thinking of the little Yamaha 250 ds bike.. make that my ds bike until I decide on a 250 and 515 combo or just a 250, or 515 or?? I like the husky 610's too..
Just heal up Glenn,, I'll have to get out there for a couple beers..
Steve
Old 07-10-2008, 08:49 PM

Yeah Steve I'm not happy about it. To me it looks like its getting better (slowly) all the time, but I think the doc just doesn't want to chance it getting worse. The plate is not causing the infection but thats where it tends to go to, true of any implant in anyone. I'll ask for the plate just like I asked the doc in Allentown for the stick! Hell its mine I paid for it!

Good luck with the hand. Get the 610, if its too much for rehab gear it up to soften it a bit. Hope you can get something before I get cut again (Aug 12), then I'm out of street riding for a few weeks too.

I've been messing with the Hyper. Cat removed, airbox lid opened up, EXUP valve disabled, geared down one tooth up front. 2nd gear wheelies at the crack of the throttle. Actually one in the parking lot at work today I hope no one important saw. Next some EFI work. Maybe some Leo Vince cans later, but stockers sound good without the cat. So much fun its stupid.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:28 PM

Had my plate removed Tues. Infection was just minor, under the skin thing from a piece of suture material. Bone looks good, but like swiss cheese now from the seven empty holes. Six weeks till I can stress it. I just installed and trimmed a race ECU in the Ducati and the suspense is killing me!