Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 01-07-2014, 11:55 AM

Default Small Enduro Handlebar mirror

I've not had a mirror on this bike since ive owned it. And boy have i missed it.

When travelling the lanes in the UK, its always nice to have a peek behind before you quickly change direction to avoid a big rut, hole etc. And the risk is a friend will be storming up behind you resulting in something nasty ! Also its pretty much a necessity on the road between lanes of course......

I bought one mirror - vision was very poor and it kept moving. Another wouldnt fit the Fat-Bars At this point id given up getting quite what i was looking for.

Then a week or so ago, i searched ebay under "Cycle Mirrors" and found this small convex Zefal Cycle mirror which i thought might 'do the job':

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zefal-Spy-...item19e5b94503

Its arrived today and ive just fitted it to the bars. First impressions ?

Small enough not to be obtrusive, only weighs a featherlight 25g, fits anything 22-60mm circumference, adjustable in every direction, quick release via the strap arrangment and of course you can remove and swap between bikes, use on your next bike etc etc. Ive sat on the bike and vision looks ample

I can clearly see behind and right down the side of my bike; the adjustable part is easy enough to move - but feels to have enough resistance so it wont budge easily bouncing about off-road, and for ?12 UK it looks a bargain !

Old 01-07-2014, 01:05 PM

A few lads i ride with have mirrors - personally I'm not bothered for them - each to their own. Gotta admit i dont look behind me on the trails - it's the rider behind's responsibility to overtake sensibly :-)

2004 EC 200
Old 01-07-2014, 01:47 PM

Thanks for your post - looks like the perfect mirror for my needs.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasser View Post
Thanks for your post - looks like the perfect mirror for my needs.
Ive posted it on another couple of forums i use - and people have gone nuts for it !
Old 01-07-2014, 02:52 PM

I've seen a couple of the local enduro guys with small rearviews. The one I remember most...A guy had a visor mounted mirror, like you'd typically see on a bicycle helmet. It wouldn't last long in crash, but they're super cheap.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:52 AM

Nice. Mirrors are required in Pa for inspection. I put these small folding mirrors on my bike. I fold them back out of the way when off-road.

I folded one down here just to hang my goggles from when when taking some pics haha. I wanted to post it so folks can see how tight it folds in.