Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 03-12-2019, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
The XC pipe looks identical to the Gnarly when it?s laying on the floor. They have VERY different power characteristics though. I would have bet a paycheck that they are the same until I rode with the Gnarly. It has noticeably more bottom end and signs off much earlier than the stock XC pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, same experience. Unfortunately I bought the Gnarly after I read an internet post saying it was the same thing. Another $225 lesson learned the hard way. Again. It's a recurring theme I'm having after switching to this bike. About the good thing, imo, about the Austrian machines is that they are so prevalent that people have already worked this sort of stuff out.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
The XC pipe looks identical to the Gnarly when it?s laying on the floor. They have VERY different power characteristics though. I would have bet a paycheck that they are the same until I rode with the Gnarly. It has noticeably more bottom end and signs off much earlier than the stock XC pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting. I put an RK Tek head on mine at the same time as the new pipe so I couldn?t make a comparison between the pipes. If they look identical and measure the exact same how can they be different? Different thickness maybe?
Old 03-12-2019, 10:33 AM

I haven't taken any meaningful measurements but the pipe mounting tab on my XC pipe and the tab on the Gnarly I bought from FMF don't line up on the same weld seam of their expansion chambers. The tabs are also of different designs. Those are clues I'm using that the pipes aren't the same.