Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 05-21-2009, 07:21 AM

Default Rough erratic tickover

Dont know if this is common or if its just me......
After starting the bike and leaving on tickover to warm up ,the engine will repeatedly just cut out for maybe 1/2 a second (perhaps every 5 seconds)which will usually make the engine stall
The only way I have found to combat this is to bring up the revs on tickover to what is too fast a speed - any suggestions?
I am running with a knackered battery at the moment which will be changed tommorow/Saturday would that have any bearing?

Old 05-21-2009, 10:09 AM

i think the battery could have a lot to do with it, as the ecu needs 14.4v, to run properly, iu have noticed that on my 03 450fse if you are riding along and you put the lights on main beam, the power draw when it is switched on makes the bike run poor and miss for a second.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:03 PM

New battery fitted and charged - still the faltering remains , even on overrun when changing down it still "misses a beat"
I have had both relays out given them(and the sockets) a good hose down with electrical cleaner and swapped them around just in case
Any suggestions??????
Old 05-24-2009, 03:59 AM

pull the electrical connector off the fuel tank look at the pins inside the connection if they are ok, remove the sender unit and check the wires underneath the pins of the connection as they can corrode and give eratic running. if either look rough swap over the spade connections and change the positions to match in the male plug
Old 05-24-2009, 12:56 PM

Ok then taken apart and cleaned all electrical connectors to the fuel pump and after a long ride out today I notice that I suffer fuel starvation at the upper end of the revs too - I hate this bike anyone wanna buy another!!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 03:35 PM

Just a thought here going for the "simple is best" approach is there a fuel filter anywhere that should/could do to be changed?
Old 05-26-2009, 10:34 AM

where abouts are you mate in yorkshire? i live in bedale and if you can get the bike up to me we can swap a few bits and see if we can get it running
jon
Old 05-26-2009, 12:01 PM

Cheers JJ PM sent