Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:27 PM

Default Find any cuts in your air filter??

I have found a few in mine (11 250 Six Days)
I felt around inside the air box and could not find anything ..
rode a fair bit he last week or so. its been wet so I left the air filter in for a ride or two longer than I normally would. Pulled it out and washed it and found quite a few slices in the foam ... what the hell?? feel around air box again nothing .. I notice they are on top ... hmm thats where the seat goes.... grab seat flip over .... the plastic that scoots under the gas tank had all kinds of unfinished plastic edges with excess plastic on it that was plenty sharp enough to slice and dice foam. A little dremel work and some filing and it should be fine ... guess I'll find out next ride!!

Old 06-11-2012, 10:30 PM

Yeah thats it, been discussed here before. Mine came already nicely deburred from the factory, go figure.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

I had a thread running where there were some pictures posted showing where the material has to be removed. Mines been good as gold since.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:39 PM

My favorite: Is looking at a used bike(with the current owner claiming a fresh, clean, & oiled filter)...I find upon checking, a filter so old, that it begins to disintegrate at my slightest touch. I know foam can be burned in the combustion process, but I was afraid of anything else I might find, so passed.