Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 02-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adv rider View Post
Great! i always just do the poker run, pushing thru 3 laps. But always wanting to do the race,Maybe this year I will man up and race.
I saw someone get pretty beat up 30 minutes into the poker run. I didn't see my first big injury until about 1.5 hours into the race. I believe the race is a bit safer than the poker run.

That being said, I'm doing both.

Old 02-04-2014, 06:57 PM

HHHMMMMMM? Interesting
2009 450EXC Sold to Rapid Dog EURO Factory Anti-Hop slipper clutch, GPR V4, Akropovic Full Ti Exhaust, 2013 suspension and wheels.
2009 300XC
2005 525 MXC
2000 WR 400
1996 XR 600
1987 CR500
1990 KX500
Old 03-10-2014, 11:17 PM

Default Desert 100

So, its less than a month until the Desert 100. I am wondering how many gassers will be there from this forum? It would be great to have several gassers campsites lined up.

I go by myself, sleeping in my VW. It would be great if i was able to park next to some one else, that I knew. Even if its just from the forum at the beginning of weekend. Also since campfires are not allowed, I am wondering if anybody has one of the gas firepits? They sell them at cabella's for $100,but its not in the budget this year. It does get pretty darn cold at night out there.

If you haven't been to the event, its a great weekend. I hate to miss it. There is live music at night, Cold beer, A free shuttle into town-(restaurant,bar), vendors, etc

I will be heading out there friday morning, takes my van about 5.5 hrs to get there. Last year i met a couple gasgas guys at the hi-way rest stop,but couldn't find them during event-Its BIG!
SO who's planninbg on going at this point?
Old 03-11-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
So, its less than a month until the Desert 100. I am wondering how many gassers will be there from this forum? It would be great to have several gassers campsites lined up.

I go by myself, sleeping in my VW. It would be great if i was able to park next to some one else, that I knew. Even if its just from the forum at the beginning of weekend. Also since campfires are not allowed, I am wondering if anybody has one of the gas firepits? They sell them at cabella's for $100,but its not in the budget this year. It does get pretty darn cold at night out there.

If you haven't been to the event, its a great weekend. I hate to miss it. There is live music at night, Cold beer, A free shuttle into town-(restaurant,bar), vendors, etc

I will be heading out there friday morning, takes my van about 5.5 hrs to get there. Last year i met a couple gasgas guys at the hi-way rest stop,but couldn't find them during event-Its BIG!
SO who's planninbg on going at this point?
We are rolling out of Seattle Friday morning around 9:00 AM, ETA noon. We will have a village set up with heat and cover as well as food and other sundries. Drop me a note before the date and I'll give you our cell numbers. Let me know if you want to caravan over, we could possibly haul your bike if given enough notice (need to configure the trailer).
Old 03-16-2014, 04:43 PM

Default D100

I will message you, when the date gets closer. That would be much more fun to camp near someone I know. Caravanning over sounds like a good idea.. but I would slow you guys down over the passes/Colombia river with my van.

So maybe I will try to get an earlier start, and meet up at one of the rest stops. Or in Odessa. hmmm..
Old 03-16-2014, 04:52 PM

Quote:
I will message you, when the date gets closer. That would be much more fun to camp near someone I know. Caravanning over sounds like a good idea.. but I would slow you guys down over the passes/Colombia river with my van.

So maybe I will try to get an earlier start, and meet up at one of the rest stops. Or in Odessa. hmmm..
Another good spot is Ephrata on highway 283, last real stop for gas and grub before you get to the campgrounds.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:24 AM

Red face D100

oops! Just noticed I posted this, instead of PM.

Last edited by adv rider; 04-03-2014 at 01:48 AM. Reason: late night computer operation
Old 04-01-2014, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Phil, you had mentioned room for my motorcycle, would your group be able to take my z50r pitbike? or I take the z,and you take my gasser.
Its nice to have a small motorcycle to get around on.
Also, anyword on a propane firepit. they work great,keep the trailer worm.they cost $110 at cabella's.

I am just bringing generator, single burner stove,coffee pot,e-zup,case water,case beer, tarps, riding gear.

anything I am forgetting?
Anything self-contained that can be "turned off" are ok, like a propane campfire-in-can sorta thing. I think the Stumpies frown on pit bikes, but you can PM mx813(D100 chairman) for specifics via Thumptalk.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Phil, you had mentioned room for my motorcycle, would your group be able to take my z50r pitbike? or I take the z,and you take my gasser.
Its nice to have a small motorcycle to get around on.
Also, anyword on a propane firepit. they work great,keep the trailer worm.they cost $110 at cabella's.

I am just bringing generator, single burner stove,coffee pot,e-zup,case water,case beer, tarps, riding gear.

anything I am forgetting?
If you can get the bike to my place in Shoreline Thursday evening we can make room for it. Send me a PM to get my address.

Like Bowhunter stated, contact Mike (MX813) on Thumpertalk.com for fire restrictions as well as pit bike considerations. As stated, the fire source has to "turn off."
Old 04-02-2014, 01:44 AM

Default d100

Its going to be a great weekend, I plan on having all my stuff ready to go, tomorrow night.

Embarrassing- to everybody that seen this original post,that is why it is bad to get on internet after taking your Ambien sleep medication. Sorry for that random post.

Last edited by adv rider; 04-03-2014 at 01:53 PM.