Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 08-31-2013, 12:09 PM

Default 2012 300 e start issue

It will kick start, kill button works, key will shut off the motor but no lights and the e start won't work with the button. I can use a screwdriver to jump the relay and get the starter to turn. The battery checks out. Both the fuses on the relay look good. When I got the bike I had the same problem that turned out to be a fuse on the relay, but like I said they both look good? Is there another fuse elsewhere? This happened during a ride in wet/rainy conditions.
Thanks

Old 08-31-2013, 02:18 PM

Just a thought did you just visually check the fuse or use a continuity tester ? I have found many a blown fuse that looked good.

If you don't have a meter or continuity checker then just try replacing both fuses. The bigger question is if its another blown fuse what is the root cause ?
Old 08-31-2013, 03:07 PM

Great minds think alike. The last time it happened I bought a handful of fuses so I just changed them out and "presto", 1st problem solved. As to the cause, I now think the first time was caused by the brake light function of the rear light shorting out. I cleaned up the bike and the rear light housing looks like there was mudwrestling going on inside it. I'm guessing it's not very well sealed up.
Thx