Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:48 PM

Default gasgas physical size

Hi All,

can someone shed some light on gasgas physical size comparing to Husky and KTM for example?

I currently ride Husky WR300 and I heard that gasgas is physically smaller with lower seat height.

is this true?

Old 07-01-2014, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks9mm View Post
Hi All,

can someone shed some light on gasgas physical size comparing to Husky and KTM for example?

I currently ride Husky WR300 and I heard that gasgas is physically smaller with lower seat height.

is this true?
Just about anything is smaller than your WR

GasGas chassis sizes can be split into roughly two groups - 2011 and prior are about the same size as a Beta, while the 2012 and later bikes are physically larger (taller, with better frame clearance and larger cockpits). Both are smaller than the Husky of old - the later bikes may be close in stature to a KTM/Husky
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 07-01-2014, 10:17 PM

thanks!
I am 5-7 and although I can manage my WR, I rode briefly new HusKTMna and it felt bit smaller and more manageable and lot more comfortable.

so before I run to get new 2 stroke HusKTMna, figured, I want to take a look at what else is out there.

KTM is not an option because 2 stroke is not possible to register in NJ, but gasgas with VIN that starts with VTR is registerable.

so GG before 2011, what about 2012 and on? how's the size comparing to 09 husky WR 300?
Old 07-02-2014, 05:52 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
thanks!
I am 5-7 and although I can manage my WR, I rode briefly new HusKTMna and it felt bit smaller and more manageable and lot more comfortable.

so before I run to get new 2 stroke HusKTMna, figured, I want to take a look at what else is out there.

KTM is not an option because 2 stroke is not possible to register in NJ, but gasgas with VIN that starts with VTR is registerable.

so GG before 2011, what about 2012 and on? how's the size comparing to 09 husky WR 300?
Your HSQ WR300 is one big motorcycle. I'm 5'8 and struggled with the seat height of that bike, not to mention the insane amount of sheer "in your face" horse power it has. The other motorcycle you mention, is in fact a bit more friendly to those of us who are vertically challenged but the first thing you will notice the "stink bug" feel to the bike, which is very annoying but you eventually get used to it. Please...ride it first, then go and ride a GasGas. You will then experience the MOST balanced motorcycle you have ever ridden. Your in New Jersey 'huh? Call Bob at Central Jersey Cycles. He is now a GasGas dealer. Good luck and let us know which GG you pick up
Old 07-02-2014, 06:50 AM

I'm 5'8" and I have a '12 GG EC250es. It's a bit larger than the prev. years models, but it fits me very well.

It's also a very easy bike to ride, with a nice controllable power delivery & it holds a line like nothing else. I recently put my 16 yr old nephew on it for a day of single track. He hadn't been on a bike in over 2 years, never rode a big bike, or a two stroke before & he did amazing on it; it's that easy to ride. No surprises & it can be as much of a pussy cat or snarling tiger as you want. Lots of others have rode it as well and commented how easy it was to ride.
Both of my previous bikes had Rekluses and dampers etc., but I just haven't felt the need for that on this bike.
It's sprung a bit lite out of the box, but would be fine for a lighter rider ; say under 160 or so

The new ones are supposed to be even better, I'd like to ride one for comparison.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Hi All,

is this true?
Is that you Konstantin?
Old 07-02-2014, 08:54 AM

I have a 2013 Gas Gas 300 and we also have a 2013 Husaberg 300. To me, the Gas Gas feels shorter and more compact than the Husaberg (which I understand is nearly identical to the new Huskies). To me, the Husaberg feels like it has a more "in your face" cockpit and the Gas Gas is a little more open. I feel more "pushed over the bars" on the Husaberg with more of a race stance whether I want it or not. I think the Gas Gas has a more relaxed posture in general. I find it a lot easier to stand on the Gas Gas...the Husaberg makes me want to sit down for some reason. Both are significantly shorter than the WR 300. I tried to get on one of those at a dealership, and at my height I couldn't even get on it!! The Husaberg is lighter than the Gas Gas, but the 2014 Gas Gas is probably closer in weight. Husaberg has better brakes and feels more narrow, but the latter is a negative for me because the leg positioning feels awkward with my knee braces.
One of the things I liked about the Gas Gas was that it felt like a very similar bike ergonomically and handling-wise as my 2010 Husky TXC 250, which made for an easy transition despite a big jump in power. I've never ridden the WR specifically, but based on our other Huskies I'd have to say the Gas Gas is closer in feel to the WR Husky than the Husaberg/Husqvarna/WhiteKTM.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
I have a 2013 Gas Gas 300 and we also have a 2013 Husaberg 300. To me, the Gas Gas feels shorter and more compact than the Husaberg (which I understand is nearly identical to the new Huskies). To me, the Husaberg feels like it has a more "in your face" cockpit and the Gas Gas is a little more open. I feel more "pushed over the bars" on the Husaberg with more of a race stance whether I want it or not. I think the Gas Gas has a more relaxed posture in general. I find it a lot easier to stand on the Gas Gas...the Husaberg makes me want to sit down for some reason. Both are significantly shorter than the WR 300. I tried to get on one of those at a dealership, and at my height I couldn't even get on it!! The Husaberg is lighter than the Gas Gas, but the 2014 Gas Gas is probably closer in weight. Husaberg has better brakes and feels more narrow, but the latter is a negative for me because the leg positioning feels awkward with my knee braces.
One of the things I liked about the Gas Gas was that it felt like a very similar bike ergonomically and handling-wise as my 2010 Husky TXC 250, which made for an easy transition despite a big jump in power. I've never ridden the WR specifically, but based on our other Huskies I'd have to say the Gas Gas is closer in feel to the WR Husky than the Husaberg/Husqvarna/WhiteKTM.
Which bike to you prefer to ride in technical terrain?
Old 07-02-2014, 09:18 AM

It would really be hard to give a fair answer on this, because I ride the Gas Gas so much more and really just don't feel comfortable on the Husaberg. I feel a lot more balanced on the Gas Gas and feel more comfortable picking through trees and rocks. I will say, though, that the Husaberg has much better brakes which is reassuring when going down technical hills. The suspension is also better on the Husaberg out of the box and I like that you can adjust everything from the top of the fork. If we could put Husaberg suspension and brakes on a Gas Gas, then I think we would have the ultimate woods weapon!

Old 07-02-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
It would really be hard to give a fair answer on this, because I ride the Gas Gas so much more and really just don't feel comfortable on the Husaberg. I feel a lot more balanced on the Gas Gas and feel more comfortable picking through trees and rocks. I will say, though, that the Husaberg has much better brakes which is reassuring when going down technical hills. The suspension is also better on the Husaberg out of the box and I like that you can adjust everything from the top of the fork. If we could put Husaberg suspension and brakes on a Gas Gas, then I think we would have the ultimate woods weapon!
Heck my GG will lock the brakes up & slide both wheels, how much better could they be?
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro

Last edited by Fred1956; 07-02-2014 at 12:59 PM.