Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:22 AM

Default Cervantes Replica

I have a 2011 250 cc and i am thinking about selling it and have been offered a cervantes replica at a good price what i want to know is there much difference in the power delivery i like the power in the 250 i have and i am a bit worried the cervantes might be a bit to harsh maybe more motocross like but i dont know as i havent rode i would love to hear from people who have rode both bikes just to get an idea of differences or if there is any as i just dont know grateful for any help

Old 11-01-2011, 09:43 AM
Banned

Dublin,
My 11 Nambotin Replica has less bottom and more mid range power than the stock bike due to the use of a higher compression dome in the head. I got Mark at Go Fasters to order me a set of inserts for the S3 head and I plan to change the one in the bike so that it has a more stock like powery delivery. I don't know if the Cervantes has the same power characteristics but it would be easy to change if you don't like it.
Clay
Old 11-01-2011, 10:12 AM

Default Cervantes replica

Thanks for your reply what do you mean by inserts do you mean you have to alter the barrell to change the head back to standard and are you changing back because you find thepower a bit harsh the reason i ask is i bought one of the first race replicas back in 06 with the full ohlin set up i loved it but found it was a great bike for hare and hounds but very tiring to ride in enduro i think it had the motocross ignition on it anyway i am just intrested because i like all the bling on the cervantes but love the power on my standard 250 thanks again for reply
Old 11-01-2011, 01:46 PM

our gg dealer rides the Cervantes and that bike is sweet. Forks are awesome and a TTX shock. A very NICE upgrade over the standard bike.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:23 PM

The replica bikes come with an aftermarket S3 head, which has interchangeable inserts to alter compression. http://www.trialendurodirect.com/pro...nufacturers=15
Old 11-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobi View Post
The replica bikes come with an aftermarket S3 head, which has interchangeable inserts to alter compression. http://www.trialendurodirect.com/pro...nufacturers=15
Sorry. Noobi is correct. The bikes have an S3 head with interchangeable inserts. I will put one in that lowers the compression and gives more bottom end power and less hit in the middle.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Clay , i believe the Nambos come with the lowest compression insert already in them
If you look at the color of the insert where the spark plug goes in and passes through the S3 Stars head , its Silver , and Silver is the lowest or STD compression if im not mistaken
And maybe its just the way ive got mine jetted and the JD needle , but my bike has way more low end torque than even last years Nambo , and that was before i started to run a race fuel mix too , now the torque is even more with 10 % VP 111

http://www.s3parts.com/PDF/catalegS3-web%5B1%5D.pdf a link to the S3 catalog , page 37 is where they are listed

Out on the Trails on Vancouver Island , BC

Steve
Old 11-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator

Correct. The S3 head comes with 3 inserts. Silver (Regular) Red (High) and Black (High High). The nambo runs the silver insert.

I am running a black one in my 2010 with the exhaust ports set flush with piston and bdc. The port timing will have a big effect on the power delivery, possibly more than the compression itself.

Adding to that also, I've always been under the impression increasing compression increases bottom end snap, but at the expense of revs.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:32 AM
Banned

When I asked the factory about the power delivery, this is the reply I was given:
no difference in ignition but rfeplica bike is more compress due to the new culata....little more agressive then standard bike

When I asked what "culata" meant, I was told cylinder head. It may be that I assumed the bike had less bottom and more mid due to more compression but it may be due to less compression. Either way I will experiment with the inserts and report what I find.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:33 AM

Default Cervantes replica

Thanks for all the help i will make my mind up over the weekend and if i go for the cervantes i will give you a report on the differences between the two thanks